Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Imback55

Nothing New On idgames Lately

Jaxxoon R said:

http://i.imgur.com/c2od5SBm.png
Eheh... erm...

Maybe this is serious after all.

What the hell is that and why am I both sickened and curious to know the context?

joshescue18 said:

Where is Ty Halderman?

No One Knows. I sent emails to 2 of the addresses he's got and received no answer from either of them. This really is remarkably worrying. :/ I'll keep trying.

It's been more than six weeks since Ty was last online on gamers.org, and we (that's Kapi, John and I, as outlined before) have to consider the likelihood that he will not return anymore. :-(

John found this information page which matches the "S Peters St" address we had for him, and also his alias. It suggests that Ty is 69 years of age, and while we don't know the source of that assertion, if true it is more likely that his online absence is health related.

We have no further info about his whereabouts (if someone in New Orleans would be willing to inquire, I can provide the exact address in private), and we keep hoping he's okay. But whatever the reason for his absence, it's time that idgames maintenance is resumed, so we're looking for a new maintainer in this new topic.

Xymph said:

It suggests that Ty is 69 years of age

I'd always assumed he was younger than me, and I'm one of the forum's geriatrics.

This is starting to get worrying. I hope he's OK.

I take it that his zebok email address is one of the ones that have been tried?

JudgeDeadd said:

I'm honestly afraid this is one of these threads which builds up to a single post saying "I just got a call from his great-great-grandfather. Ty Halderman died from cancer while committing suicide during a car accident."

Heh, that got a chuckle out of me. But in all honesty, I'm really hoping Ty is all right. Being left in the dark on stuff like this sucks. Here's hoping we get news on his status soon. The good kind.

Like others, this prolonged absence is indeed both troublesome and becoming worrysome to us. I really hope he is OK.

Guest DILDOMASTER666
Xymph said:

We have no further info about his whereabouts (if someone in New Orleans would be willing to inquire, I can provide the exact address in private), and we keep hoping he's okay.

I am New Orleans-local. If you're able to shoot me a PM sometime soon Xymph, I can try to get in touch with Ty.

JudgeDeadd said:

I'm honestly afraid this is one of these threads which builds up to a single post saying "I just got a call from his great-great-grandfather. Ty Halderman died from cancer while committing suicide during a car accident."

RIP, Espi, Assmaster, Toke.

I thought Ty was half that age. I really commend him for working so hard for us.

Fisk said:

I am New Orleans-local. If you're able to shoot me a PM sometime soon Xymph, I can try to get in touch with Ty.

Best of luck. I really hope that he's okay.

I really hope Ty's alright, I keep expecting to see a post from him explaining the situation every time I check this thread. I've pulled my share of disappearing acts when I got bored, or stressed, or just too busy to check in. Now that I know his age, I'm a lot more concerned than I had been.

Best wishes to Ty and his family during this uncertain time. Thx guys for trying to fill in as best you can because this is a bedrock Doom community service he was providing.

A New Orleans Doomer volunteered to visit Ty's last known address. What we now know: Ty is alive, but hospitalized. Since we didn't press his family for details the exact circumstances or his condition are not known.

Get well soon, Ty. Hopefully we can get more information in due time on what landed him in the hospital.