Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Black Plague

Display Resetting Bug in Windows XP

Sometimes when I quit from ZdoomGl my desktop (which normally is set to 1600X1200) goes to either 640X480 or 320X240. When it goes to 320X240 All the screen elements are squished into the smallest area possible and I can only restart the computer, and cannot do anything else because I cannot see anything besides the start menu and part of each active window. When I try to log in I cannot because I can't see the login screeen correctly. Please fix this.
My computer has the following specs: Pentium 4 1.6 Ghz, 512 Mb Ram, Ati Radeon 8500 video card, and a Sound Blaster audigy platnum Sound Card. My OS is Windows XP

Black Plague said:

Sometimes when I quit from ZdoomGl my desktop (which normally is set to 1600X1200) goes to either 640X480 or 320X240. When it goes to 320X240 All the screen elements are squished into the smallest area possible and I can only restart the computer, and cannot do anything else because I cannot see anything besides the start menu and part of each active window. When I try to log in I cannot because I can't see the login screeen correctly. Please fix this.
My computer has the following specs: Pentium 4 1.6 Ghz, 512 Mb Ram, Ati Radeon 8500 video card, and a Sound Blaster audigy platnum Sound Card. My OS is Windows XP

That has been fixed in the new version. In fact, that was one of the first things I fixed (because it really bugged me, too)!

Black Plague said:

(which normally is set to 1600X1200)

Well sheeeeesh, serves you right. Do you have a 42" monitor or a zoom feature on your eyes something?

Lüt said:

Well sheeeeesh, serves you right. Do you have a 42" monitor or a zoom feature on your eyes something?

Dude, 1600*1200 is the way to go (and I only have a 19" monitor)!

Lüt said:

Offtopic but, this is where I think current guis have it wrong. If you bump your resolution up, the icons stay the same size (in pixels) so are comparatively smaller on screen. I think a better idea would be to increase the detail while keeping the features on screen the same size. Then you can actually _use_ that 1600x1200 space without needing a magnifying glass.

IMO the only REASON to use high resolution is so you can fit more into the same space.