Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Marnetmar

What is your ACE score?

What is your score?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. What is your score?

• 9-10

I thought this would be an interesting experiment to do to figure out some of the common threads that link certain online communities together.

Take it here.

For the record, you don't need to post any of your experiences.

My results:

Uhh. This isn't really one of those quizzes where you ask some seemingly innovcuous questions and it reveals something you probably didn't know about yourself. I knew what my score was going to be after the very first question.

Also this is a bit... personal, isn't it?

yay! A five! I thought it would be worse.

Now that the NSA, TSA, CIA, FBI, and CPS has this info, I wonder when my door will be busted down.

4. I'm surprised its that high.

40oz said:

Uhh. This isn't really one of those quizzes where you ask some seemingly innovcuous questions and it reveals something you probably didn't know about yourself. I knew what my score was going to be after the very first question.

Lol yeah, at the end when I got a number I was like "okay... saw that coming".

AndrewB said:

One of the questions was sexist.

Yeah, apparently whoever made that test thinks domestic violence against fathers is ok.

I used to watch Divorce Court in college. There were a few men that were physically abused. I remember one wife was like 5' tall her husband was 6'4". The judge asked her something like did you hit him? Her response was well yeah but I can't hurt him. Then he said except the time I fell down and hit the sink.

Another was a woman in a wheelchair (from a driveby when she was 10) and she'd always throw things at her husband.

Heck now that I think about it, my best friend's grand mother would throw ashtrays at her husband. FULL mind you. She's the smoker.

Swearing? Course, I don't really see that as abuse.

I also thought it was odd that one question specifically mentioned a mother or stepmother. Apparently, men can't be battered?

2, some issues as far as self-care went and a mental rough patch on account of some medication to recover from youthful days that finally caught up. It was a rough, albeit, brief time near the end of high school and I actually toyed with the idea not to select it because of the cause.

6. This is a highly generalized test though, and my upbringing situation was very odd. I was raised by my grandparents because my parents weren't exactly ever ready to be full time parents. Also, my grandparents are very wealthy and my parents are very poor, so most of the shit I experienced on the "rough" side of my childhood was balanced by stuff most other kids never get to experience...so when faced with a test like this its hard to really answer most of the questions because they're inadvertently loaded. I basically have had a foot in the door to two completely different aspects of life since I was a little kid sooo...I'll just be taking this test with a major ton of salt.

But that doesn't mean there is minor strife in the household at times or other problems.

Captain Toenail said:

0... do I have to check my privilege now?

Nope, it simply means you had what most would call a normal childhood.

Of course women can be an abuser. That does not change the fact that men tend to be the abuser more often than women and this is meant to be a generalized test. Honestly you all seem to be projecting a lot and you all are making a mountain out of a mole hill.

3. Swearing, divorce and a (functioning) alcoholic stepfather . This is a strangely weighted test. I consider I had a fairly comfortable childhood but if none of this happened, and instead I was raped, beaten and saw my mother commit suicide... I would also be a 3.

Also, some high a scores in this thread. I'm sorry some of you guys had to grow up through some bad shit.

My question is why in first 3 questions did they write the number 18, but then after that they spell out "eighteenth", hmmm...

This is obviously the work of the aliens.

by the way I got a "zero"

purist said:

Also, some high a scores in this thread. I'm sorry some of you guys had to grow up through some bad shit.

Don't feel sorry for me. Yes, my childhood was pretty screwed up and I went through some stuff that no one should have too. But, I would never take any of it back. My childhood shaped who I am as a person and I wouldn't change it if I could. Because if I did, I would end up changing myself.

I went to a professional development conference about ACE scoring back in January. We have severe mental illness issues in our school and we wanted some training for our population. I did ask about "weighted" questions and whether some events are more traumatic than others. The speaker said that it's a valid question but they seemed to say that you should use the score as more of a guideline into how traumatic a child's life is rather than a definitive "Your childhood was exactly THIS shitty"; more traumatic events are more likely to lead to an unstable child.

This quiz is very familyist or houseist or somethingist because apparently if abuse comes from an adult outside your bloodline it's ok, unless it is sexual abuse.