Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Memfis

Firefox sees some wads as viruses now?

Has this happened to any of you guys? Recently some dude complained about a zipped wad I uploaded being a virus, and now I also got a virus warning from Firefox when I tried to download this wad. Is this a new thing?

No problem here, though I've reverted to an older version of Firefox (32.0.3) since recent releases are decidedly unstable on my PC, even with extensions disabled.

Enjay said:

I didn't know that Firefox even did virus detection.

They've used Google's "Safe Browsing" data for some time to warn users about malicious sites, though I think this is more likely a case of suspect downloads being intercepted by the virus checker, then notifying the user via Firefox instead of using a pop-up.

@Memfis - I don't suppose that guy named the virus that's supposedly in your wad?

Avast seems good about not recognizing WADs as viruses, although occasionally it counts some programs as viruses that modify the system in ways that I actually want it to.

Chrome keeps consistently flagging files from certain domains as unsafe. It's really annoying and seems to have nothing to do with the files themselves.

Dragonsbrethren said:

Chrome keeps consistently flagging files from certain domains as unsafe. It's really annoying and seems to have nothing to do with the files themselves.

Are you referring to the "not commonly downloaded" nonsense? Because that "feature" does seem like total bullshit.