Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Touchdown

Bethesda E3 Conference - DOOM4 Unveiling

I've realized that there are two hijacked threads with discussions on this topic so just for the sake of clarity, here's the official thread for talking about the Bethesda E3 Conference and DOOM4. I guess this could also go to Everything Else... Don't know.

So again, Bethesda is hosting their own conference at E3 for the first time. It'll take place on June 14th, a little bit over a month before QuakeCon. You can still register if you want to go (deadline is May 4th). There's also a picture featuring a number of characters from Bethesda-published games, including a Cyberdemon and a Revenant from DOOM4. There's also a notable absence of anything related to Fallout in the photo.

Last year Bethesda said that they intend to show DOOM4 to the public in 2015 and this conference seems like a perfect opportunity to do so. In addition to that, id's Lead Rendering Programmer, ex-Crytek developer Tiago Sousa will attend E3 as well (id Tech 6 talk?).

Surely Bethesda hosts this conference to make some big announcements/reveals. It also makes no sense to do it just for a single game, so everything associated with Bethesda is a possibility.

DOOM4 makes the most sense, considering it's already announced. Because id is completely focused on it, RAGE 2 is not currently in development, so no RAGE. I wouldn't expect anything from Machinegames as they're just getting ready to release The Old Blood on May 5th so it's unlikely they'll have something else to show. Tango are putting out DLCs for TEW (with the last one, The Keeper, coming out sometime soon) so it's also unlikely they have more to show. However Arkane might have something in store (either Dishonored II or Prey 2), considering their last game came out three years ago. This leaves Bethesda Game Studios and the army of fanatics demanding Fallout 4. Which is probably more likely than something TES related as TES Online came out last year.

So... my guesses for the big ones are DOOM4, Dishonored II and Fallout 4. But as of right now there's no confirmation on what will be showcased.

But I can tell you right now, if they don't announce Fallout 4, there's gonna be a huuuge outrage about it.

Most certainly.

I noticed that DOOM (4) has been popping up for pre-order with a Dec 31 2015 placeholder date and boxart all over the major web retail sites over the past couple weeks.

That, and the fact it's their next big thing, I'd be very surprised if the new DOOM didn't make a public viewing this E3.

Obviously there are rumours that Fallout 4 will be presented behind closed doors. Supposedly Guillermo del Toro's company has done a teaser or something. But I've also heard rumours about a Dishonored remaster. Gotta say, if that's true, I'll laugh my head off. Because we totally need a remaster of a three year old game... Make a sequel, damn it!

Also, the final The Evil Within DLC, The Executioner, arrives May 26th. As I suspected, it seems like they want to wrap up everything related to current games (DLCs, expansions) before E3. That might be a stretch but maybe they want to draw a line and go fully current gen at and after E3. Interestingly, The Executioner DLC is in first-person and has a chainsaw.

And on an unrelated note, Bethesda will be doing a RAGE stream today. For... whatever reason.

Touchdown said:

And on an unrelated note, Bethesda will be doing a RAGE stream today. For... whatever reason.

Mad Max: Fury Road comes out today. C'mon son.

Dat agitated skeltal.

That's how you do a revenant correctly. This guy actually looks fucking scary to have a run in with.

Why is this zombie so well armed? Don't they supposed to be unarmed at all.

BlackFish said:

If you're referring to the monster in the vid, it's probably a revenant judging from the shoulder cannons.

Yeah, sure it is. But it looks like a zombie, with unfitting, heavy weapon, installed on his back. And he doesn't look evil at all.
I liked the doom 3 version much more.

Archi said:

And he doesn't look evil at all.

But he's shooting things! And waggling his arms in an aggressive manner! If that isn't qualification for Worst than Hitler I don't know what is!

Jaxxoon R said:

But he's shooting things! And waggling his arms in an aggressive manner! If that isn't qualification for Worst than Hitler I don't know what is!

I guess a reanimated fiend with a set of rocket launchers and murder on its mind doesn't qualify as evil looking. I guess since he's not evil looking (whatever that means) he's out to give hugs? I guess those impaled bodies in the back are for fun.

Maybe this is just the new Doomguy redesign, and the other guy reloading the SSG is in fact a zombie and the demons.

Jaxxoon R said:

Maybe this is just the new Doomguy redesign, and the other guy reloading the SSG is in fact a zombie and the demons.

a zombie with the ssg lol no way, it would be overpowered

He is the big boss and his shotgun is also a zombie, so it fires less pellets to balance things out.

Finally, but the I still find the old, very old fan made reimagination of the revenant better than this one in the teaser:

DooM_RO said:

It's not. Certainly looks Id-like but nothing like a revenant.

+1.

This scary guy doesn't look like any original Doom monsters.

That skull might be like Arch-vile or Revenant's, but mechanic legs could be refers to arachnotron and 2 big guns refers to mancubi. Lmao, it's Rechancubus ;) Just joking

I've never liked that thing. It looks like an ugly baby in some kind of diaper machine.

Shaviro said:

I've never liked that thing. It looks like an ugly baby in some kind of diaper machine.

The official version of revenant looks cute compared to this ugly baby. Game devs still fail to render proper-convincing rotten-rooting meat. This official revenant would be cool if it had proper decaying lacerated meat attatched to its bones, but it doesn't have it. Maybe due to limitations imposed by consoles or even curent pc hardware can't do it yet.

But I'm also prepared to be disappointed with other monsters design in this game compared to top notch fan artworks.