Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dobu gabu maru

Sacrosanct Shithole (AKA Sweet Dreams Suitepee 2)

During Suitepee's stream of Valiant, he was lamenting how revenants are often used as "snipers" in perched positions. So I thought "hey you know what would be cool? Perched revenants everywhere." And the cherry on top of this shit sundae is that you get to die over and over in this map to Sonic R music—Demon of the Well didn't think it would be fitting, but I promised to prove him wrong.

Download here, limit-removing, maxable.

dobu gabu maru said:

Download here, limit-removing, maxable.

apparently so

(sorry for the pause, there was literally a cat standing on my head at that point, no doubt drawn by the incessant chirping and whirring of the soundtrack)

Maybe Adam is on to something with his whole 'no music' deal....

Dayyyum, I knew it was doable but I didn't expect to see it solved so quickly ;_; Being able to turn nimbly and get a few rockets in is definitely key here, as my slow keyboard skills only allowed me to fire on the trajectory of my run (which made the AV a huge pain in the ass to kill for me). Nice work nevertheless!

I can feel the sunshine (maxdemo).

Great fun. This map was far more intimidating to look at than it was to actually play. The health was quite generous and there was plenty of space to move around in. Especially when compared to the claustrophobia and ever-present risk of getting boxed in that came with Sweet Dreams Suitepee 1.

The hardest part was trying to grab the rocket launcher and quickly killing the arch vile on the pillar without getting blasted. Once you get going, the rest flows quite nicely. I enjoyed hoovering up individual rockets as I went.

Oh and the midi was beautiful.

Suitepee said:

I need to stop being so inspirational to dobu....

You need to stop hating on revenants and snipers, both of which are good things :^)

Nice work koren (yet again)! Yeah it's plenty more generous than SDS1 as the only hard parts are dealing with the opening and closing AVs, and then it's like 3-5 minutes of cleanup. I'll work on making harder maps ;)