Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tracer

The story behind your custom avatar

If you uploaded your own avatar, what is it and why did you choose it?

Mine is the baby off of the cover of the black sabbath album "Born Again". I found the original baby picture used for the album and edited it myself to be similar to the album cover. So really I just redid the same editing to give it a high definition look.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Jokes aside, I was bored and decided to make an avatar pic out of a vibrating Revenant. Then, Memfis thought my avatar was annoying. Pretty much a little summary of what had happened during the past month.

I tried to make a fish out of ice, then gave up halfway.
I don't even like this username anymore.

For a while I was going with a rotating IT-0 droid from Dark Forces, because I liked Dark Forces. Now I have a crop of the "Homesick" (an album by A Day to Remember) album, because I think it's pretty cool artwork. I'm already thinking of changing though. Probably to that latex Demon posted in Doom General. Someday, I want an avatar of that dildo Doom II setup that "Masters of Doom" described if any such image of it exists.

Drew my own NES-style Doomguy over an enemy sprite from one of Sunsoft's Batman games. Could almost do an entire set of him, but I haven't felt like it.

Breezeep said:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Jokes aside, I was bored and decided to make an avatar pic out of a vibrating Revenant. Then, Memfis thought my avatar was annoying. Pretty much a little summary of what had happened during the past month.

I remember that thread. It was using.

TraceOfSpades said:

I'm sorry. What?

I distinctly remember reading in Masters of Doom that during some game convention in '94, iD created a booth to support Doom II that consisted of some kind of monster head that featured Dildos for teeth. Someone who let iD in on on the convention saw it during the con, and instantly regretted what he did, for a moment anyways.

I've always wanted to find a photo of this, but I've been unable to.

It's my old hypercube avatar in fishy form, courtesy of andrewj.

That reminds me, we're probably about due for a fish thread. Where's Csonicgo when you need him?

so when i just got into zdooming i did some sprites for zkart, seeing how fish are popular in here i decided to use the dopefish kart as my avatar

It was most fitting for me a decade ago.

I tend to frequently change my avatar about every few months or so...

My first custom avatar which I had for about 3 or 4 months in 2014 was Dolan wielding a bloody axe:

My second custom avatar was the Four Horsemen which is from the Book of Revelation in the Bible. I had this one for quite a while:

I had a third avatar of a pissed off red smiley. I don't know why I had it, maybe I was pissed off and wanted an avatar to reflect my mood:

This one was short lived...for like 20 minutes. It was removed by one of the mods. I guess they didn't like it very much lol:

My current one really has no story....

I'm a fan of Warhammer 40K, specifically the Space Marines. I would have done a Mantis Warriors fish, but I don't think as many people would recognize it. Thus, Blood Angel Fish.

Mine is a dwarf swinging an axe, it was my character in a fake RPG in another forum.
It’s the small version, the bigger one is this one:

I made my avatar from a Google Sketchup model by someone else. I put it into a wad as a barrel sprite replacement that moves towards you and explodes when it reaches you. Objects that don't resemble organic beings are my favorite avatars, that's why I chose this one.