Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
geX

Fallout 4 reveal

Who gives a shit? Where's Doom and Wolfenstein?

(lol geddit? I did a thing)

Yeah I get it too. Glad they kept the article. OMG I hope they upgrade it to Oblivion's pretty world and not just Morrowind's ugly world with Oblivion's engine.

I've had my fill of TES3 & 4 so I can't ever get into Skyrim or Fallout 3. I've tried. Its just the same game that I've already spent 300 - 1,000 hours in.

geo said:

I've had my fill of TES3 & 4 so I can't ever get into Skyrim or Fallout 3. I've tried. Its just the same game that I've already spent 300 - 1,000 hours in.

Not to mention with even less content.

Waffenak said:

Cant wait. I start to play wasteland 2 now, hope this game is as good as I hope it is

When I was watching Mad Max: Fury Road, I kept thinking, "man, I can't fucking wait for Fallout 4!"

I hope they introduce vehicles.

Finally all those crybabies will have no reason to bitch and moan about it every step of the way.

No point in getting all excited when we have yet to see any screen shots or in game footage. Getting yourself all hyped up this early is setting yourself up for disappointment.

Fulgrim said:

No point in getting all excited when we have yet to see any screen shots or in game footage. Getting yourself all hyped up this early is setting yourself up for disappointment.

Its always better in your mind.

Fulgrim said:

Yea, but the same could be said for the new Doom, and we have a whole forum dedicated to it. Obviously, because this is a doom site; but it would be the same scenario regardless.

Kontra Kommando said:

Yea, but the same could be said for the new Doom, and we have a whole forum dedicated to it.

If this were a Fallout forum what do you think we'd have?

geo said:

If this were a Fallout forum what do you think we'd have?

Regardless, its still hypocritical to be excited for one game you know barely anything about. And claim you should be wary of being excited about another game you know barely anything about.

At any rate, at this point, your conjecture as to why it might suck, is just as valid as my conjecture as to why it will be awesome. We'll just have to wait and see.

I'm just here to talk and discuss. I'm not excited about Doom 4 or Fallout 4. At least Doom 4 has given us a teaser I won't play either one this year or even next year. All of the bugs, problems and Game of the Year Edition will be released for both games before I play them.

To further this discussion, which city does everyone want to see for Fallout 4? Moscow? Detroit? Seattle? Houston?

geo said:

I'm just here to talk and discuss. I'm not excited about Doom 4 or Fallout 4. At least Doom 4 has given us a teaser I won't play either one this year or even next year. All of the bugs, problems and Game of the Year Edition will be released for both games before I play them.

heh, no doubt both games will be quasi-broken given Bethesda's reputation. But I will surely pick up both if the reviews are favorable.

I heard that FO4 will take place in Boston. But I think Detroit would actually be a cool place for it. The real Detroit already looks like it was bombarded with several small atomic bombs.

Neat. I know the general opinion on Fallout 3+ is Oblivion with guns, betrayal of the original franchise and so on, but I really enjoyed these games. There's something about getting lost in a corny wasteland that scratches an itch no other series does for me.

geo said:

To further this discussion, which city does everyone want to see for Fallout 4? Moscow? Detroit? Seattle? Houston?

I'd actually like to see it take place in a couple cities/towns in Colorado and be more focused on a open area rather than a big city. The Naturita, Nucla and Uravan area of Colorado would be a perfect setting for a Fallout game. All three towns are Uranium mining towns that seen a boom during the Cold War. Uravan was eventually abandoned and turned into a superfund site due to the Uranium holding pools contaminating the towns water supply. Several bodies of water in the area where also contaminated due to the unsafe practices at the Uranium mines in the area. Such as the water being used to cool the mining drills being dumped into streams and creeks in the area. The whole area screams Fallout already and you could easily work it into the Fallout universe without changing too much.

Shaviro said:

(lol geddit? I did a thing)

Why are Bethesda wasting their time making shitty games like Fallout 4 when we're all waiting for Fallout 4?

geo said:

Anywhere the NCR isn't and somewhere maybe the BOS still exists. Chicago maybe? Even the commonwealth would be interesting to see.

After New Vegas, I can't be arsed to see if they still used the same goddamn engine Skyrim and NV used.

Need to spam the Fallout 4 teaser with annoying comments such as "Where's Doom 4?" or "I don't give a shit about Fallout 4. Give me DOOM!" Pay back time bitches.

It does not matter what engine they use, and what graphical style they adhere to. The important parts are Gameplay and Optimization. Is it fun for anybody out there on planet earth, and Does it run on high end and modern low end home computers.

doom_is_great said:

Need to spam the Fallout 4 teaser with annoying comments such as "Where's Doom 4?" or "I don't give a shit about Fallout 4. Give me DOOM!" Pay back time bitches.

Why would grown up people (or if needed late teens) do such stupid things ?
Behavior like this or the implied beginnings of such behavior always makes me wonder about the mental condition of anybody related to it. It reminds me of the truly disturbing and abnormal raid on the starwars-event youtube chat.

Spoiler

Note ;
i just quoted you for the content, and not to direct an attack or insult against you.

If they pull our fucking leg and do an old switcheroo like Interceptor did with the "Bombshell" reveal it would be both funny and crushing at the same time.

FireFish said:

Why would grown up people (or if needed late teens) do such stupid things ?
Behavior like this or the implied beginnings of such behavior always makes me wonder about the mental condition of anybody related to it. It reminds me of the truly disturbing and abnormal raid on the starwars-event youtube chat.

Uhhhhh, maybe for fun? And also because it was annoying as hell that every damn time there was an article about Doom 4 or every time there was a teaser, some ass hole would have to post "Where's Fallout 4?" or "FUCK DOOM! I WANT FALLOUT!" I mean, for hell sakes! Why does their need to be a post about Fallout 4 in every article about Doom? It's just damn annoying.

I imagine they will using the latest revision of their duct-taped Gamebyro engine. I think this one is supposed to take place in Boston according to some article relating to names Bethesda had trademarked. Fucked if I remember where and what it was from.