Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Philnemba

Super 3-D Noah's Ark is coming to Steam!?

I actually gave this a thumbs up on Greenlight some months back, so yes. I was fully aware of it :)

A good chunk of the money made on this game goes straight to Blzut3, the guy that makes ECWolf, which happens to be the port that this release runs on. It's for a good cause, and Noah's Ark 3D is actually not as awful as the gaming magazines and AVGN videos would have you believe. After all, it's literally just Wolfenstein reskinned and some fresh new levels.

WildWeasel said:

A good chunk of the money made on this game goes straight to Blzut3, the guy that makes ECWolf, which happens to be the port that this release runs on. It's for a good cause, and Noah's Ark 3D is actually not as awful as the gaming magazines and AVGN videos would have you believe. After all, it's literally just Wolfenstein reskinned and some fresh new levels.

Why would Youtube comedians lie?

WildWeasel said:

...Noah's Ark 3D is actually not as awful as the gaming magazines and AVGN videos would have you believe. After all, it's literally just Wolfenstein reskinned and some fresh new levels.

I dunno man. Wolfenstein is preeeeeetty boring these days. I haven't seriously played it in almost 20 years. So your comment kind of reads like, "Noah's Ark 3D is just like that extremely limited and clunky game you don't play anymore, except with less exciting levels and bad graphics."

WildWeasel said:

AVGN covered this game in particular more from the angle of it being such a weird curiosity, with its CIC lockout bypass method, being the *only* unlicensed SNES game, and with the then-persistent rumor that the game was created as revenge for SNES Wolf3D being censored (now understood to be false), than because it was bad. The worst thing he had to say about it was that the plot was a bit whimsical/nonsensical and that it's basically a Wolf3D rehash - both of which are admittedly true.

Imo very hard to imagine someone actually playing this. :D Maybe run around for about five minutes just for laughs but that's as far as I would go.

Doubt too many people will play it, but it's an interesting curiosity. Maybe they can implement a workshop for it and everyone can share their own Noah levels.

I predict nothing but joke reviews. There are games worse than this up for sale on steam, so why not.

Quasar said:

The worst thing he had to say about it

Actually the worst thing he said was that the levels were "the exact same." It's one thing to spread a rumor, it's another to expand upon it. :P (I watch the AVGN, so no I don't hate him, but I am annoyed by having to explain over and over again that the levels are new.)

Clonehunter said:

Maybe they can implement a workshop for it and everyone can share their own Noah levels.

I do plan on adding Workshop support, but it won't be there at launch. I think I need to redo my file handling in order to make it happen and that's too big of a change for a bug fix release.

Meh. Chex Quest gets on Steam Greenlight, I might start to care. Actually, a Steam release of some version of Chex Quest would be awesome. Imagine Chex Quest getting the Steam Workshop treatment. I'd love to have a Steam repository of Chex Quest mods and add-ons.

Don't forget to also check out The Fist Of Jesus. ;)

In Fist of Jesus you play as Jesus and Judas as they kill zombies, zombie romans & cowboys, exploding lepers, and an octopus.

Has anybody here actually played this? lol

geekmarine said:

Meh. Chex Quest gets on Steam Greenlight, I might start to care. Actually, a Steam release of some version of Chex Quest would be awesome. Imagine Chex Quest getting the Steam Workshop treatment. I'd love to have a Steam repository of Chex Quest mods and add-ons.

You'd need to get an agreement with Ralcorp for that, though.

People want everything on Steam inducing mods nowadays but there's really no point since there's already a number of websites dedicated to hosting mods such as ModDB for one example, it's almost as if Steam is a religion for these people.

Blzut3 said:

I do plan on adding Workshop support, but it won't be there at launch. I think I need to redo my file handling in order to make it happen and that's too big of a change for a bug fix release.

Glad to hear that there will be workshop support in the future :D

Memfis said:

Imo very hard to imagine someone actually playing this. :D Maybe run around for about five minutes just for laughs but that's as far as I would go.

Get more imaginative, I beaten entire game. Was quite fun, like Wolfenstein.