Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Whymes5

Restoring Deimos [Megawad - On /idgames]

[Introduction:]

Restoring Deimos is a 32-map megawad, compatible with single player and cooperative. It also has basic deathmatch support (weapons, ammo, health, and start points are placed for deathmatch). It also has difficulty support. There are 2 episodes, consisting of MAP01-MAP15 and MAP16-MAP30. Map 31 is a secret level from map 15, and map 32 is a credits map which automatically starts after beating map 30. Map 16 has a forced pistol start, as well as the boss maps (map 15 and map 30). It is based on ZDoom V 1.23, and so is compatible with zandronum, zdaemon, and other ZDoom compatible ports. Music in the wad is composed by various authors, mostly tracker music. I have used only music which is released under creative use non-commercial license, and have also credited the original composers in both the readme and the final credits map.

Relased on: 6/16/2015 - On /idgames

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

[Maplist:]

EPISODE 1: TO INFERNO

MAP01 - Deimos Gardens
Music: Soft and Cute (Okeanos)

MAP02 - Down Under
Music: Quiet Ambience (Klown Killer)

MAP03 - Deimos Laboratory
Music: Just a Dream (Arlen)

MAP04 - Mines of Mordred
Music: Galaxy Hero (Firage)

MAP05 - Haven
Music: The Quiet One (Arlen)

MAP06 - Encounter at Night
Music: Nightfall (Jesper Kyd)

MAP07 - Showdown
Music: Battle of Steel (Noby)

MAP08 - Doomed
Music: Deeper Shores: 2001 (Alex Smith)

MAP09 - In Memory
Music: Thirty-Three (The Smashing Pumpkins)

MAP10 - Between Worlds
Music: Overture (Noiseless)

MAP11 - Armageddon
Music: Temple of Rust (DavidN)

MAP12 - The Demon Hive
Music: Carmina Burana O Fortuna (Carl Orff)

MAP13 - Inferno Keep
Music: Gothic Dreams (Elbie)

MAP14 - From Death
Music: The Ditch (Michael Fonos)

MAP15 - The Wicked Day - Episode Finale (Invasion-type)
Music: The Wicked Day (Nightbeat)

EPISODE 2: PILGRIMAGE OF REVENGE

MAP16 - Sanctum of Life
Music: The Sanctuary of Zi'Tah (Naoshi Mizuta)

MAP17 - Aquarius
Music: Like the Wind (DreaMSectioN)

MAP18 - City of Beholder
Music: Falling Slowly (Glen Hansard)

MAP19 - Doomed Again
Music: Deeper Shores: Single Mix (Alex Smith)

MAP20 - Desolate Fringes
Music: Ice Frontier (Skaven)

MAP21 - Exosphere
Music: Awakening (Henrik Eiriksson)

MAP22 - The Virtual World
Music: Anthem (Nightbeat)

MAP23 - Into the Sun
Music: Undying Love (Thomas Bergersen)

MAP24 - ›?a??=?|?#¦??e??
Music: Hell's Churn (Aubrey Hodges)

MAP25 - Heaven and Earth
Music: Epicenter (Xaser)

MAP26 - Foreign Capital
Music: Mindwave (Nightbeat)

MAP27 - The Crazy Factory
Music: Green Grass, Grey Skies (Cloakboy)

MAP28 - Core Overdrive
Music: Salba's Thoughts (Cube)

MAP29 - World of Chaos
Music: Perfect Circle (Cube)

MAP30 - The Destiny - Episode Finale
Music: City of Legions (Nightbeat)

MAP31 - Tribute
Music: Homecoming (Elwood)

MAP32 - Finale - Credits map
Music: Dancing Angels (DreamSectioN)

Intermission/Title/Manual Music: Chain of Ocean and Fire (Yasunori Mitsuda)

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

[WAD Download:]

HERE: http://www.theultimatedoom.com/download/rdeimosa.zip
MIRROR: http://www.doomworld.com/idgames/?file=levels/doom2/Ports/megawads/rdeimosa.zip

[Full Credits:]

HERE: http://m.uploadedit.com/ba3d/1434401714284.txt

I'd be happy to play through your WAD. I almost always play WADs on UV continuously on Zandronum, so I'd be happy to play through all the maps. I tend to focus mainly on the gameplay of WADs, rather than the visuals. I don't really have much time this week now, but I can definitely start it next week, especially if the maps aren't huge.

Well, silly me forgot tons of information in the original post. So I updated it. I also decided that signing up for reviewing slots is stupid. So just download the wad in the link in the original post, make a demo or fill out the attached form, and post here!

Also, post in this thread if you want to be a sort of "overall advisor" - I'm looking for someone with in-depth knowledge of zdoom, high playing skill, and ability to chat with on IRC about some very important things which aren't specific to any particular map. If so, you'll have to contact me specifically on ZDaemon IRC in the evening hours (GMT -6, central time, US). Unfortunately I can't get zandronum IRC to work for some reason, and doing it over the forums or PM would take forever.

TO degree23: That's OK to wait to start. Just need this done by a month or so from now. Thanks for helping (:

I'd like to play test the first three maps if that'd be okay. Or any map you need play tested.

Hey, can you please provide a song list as you promised? :) Really curious about some of these.

Memfis said:

Hey, can you please provide a song list as you promised? :) Really curious about some of these.

Will add the current song list to the first post. I've been editing the original post a lot, want to make sure all important info is there today.

Though I'm not a great mapper, I would love to play test any map you need :)

MD922 said:

Though I'm not a great mapper, I would love to play test any map you need :)

Hey, as long as you can play doom. I don't care if you can map, lol... Feel free to test it whenever, posted download link now. Thanks for help!

Thx a lot for the list, I have a feeling I'll be listening to "Thirty-Three" all day, loved that midi when I played some of these maps years ago. :) I hope you don't change it, imo it suits the theme of the level very well.

Memfis said:

Thx a lot for the list, I have a feeling I'll be listening to "Thirty-Three" all day, loved that midi when I played some of these maps years ago. :) I hope you don't change it, imo it suits the theme of the level very well.

I just realized the picture for map09 is wrong, after reading your comment. And I lost the original links ><. So just in case anyone cares, the pictured map for 9 is actually 10, if you want to review what is in the screenshot youll have to play map 10.

To those who replied, again, thanks for the help. Yeah, I have released episode 1 of this wad before. It's undergone quite a few changes and 15 new maps, as well as a re-title, so it almost is a new release I'd say. So some of the maps may be familiar, it's been hosted on public servers a couple times for online compatibility testing (Damn you, traps which cause levels to be unfinishable when the person in them dies =/)

Map 04:
http://www.doomworld.com/vb/post/1378761
Kills: 99%
Secrets: 40%
Playing around in the map, there seemed to be no misaligned textures, and the gameplay was quite enjoy enjoyable. Though throughout the map, it felt like too much ammo was given, yet not enough health overall. This map had rockets, but no rocket launcher. I'd say you should remove a lot of shotgun shells, and add more health. You could maybe add more monsters, and add a rocket launcher so there is some way to use the rockets. Anyway, fun map and I'll move onto map05

MD922 said:

Map 04:
http://www.doomworld.com/vb/post/1378761
Kills: 99%
Secrets: 40%
Playing around in the map, there seemed to be no misaligned textures, and the gameplay was quite enjoy enjoyable. Though throughout the map, it felt like too much ammo was given, yet not enough health overall. This map had rockets, but no rocket launcher. I'd say you should remove a lot of shotgun shells, and add more health. You could maybe add more monsters, and add a rocket launcher so there is some way to use the rockets. Anyway, fun map and I'll move onto map05

Yeah, something like this is what I was looking for. But anyways, since demo support with zdoom isnt the best due to version differences, dont I need to know what version of zdoom you used? It seems to be out of sync when I play the demo on the version of zdoom I'm running. I've never really used demos in zdoom before, so I'm not really sure. I used both the newest version of zdoom on the website as well as a slightly older version, neither seem to work.

By the way, theres a rocket launcher in the map, but it's in a secret. I'll probably move the ammo to the secret then.

Right... Don't know how I missed that. I saw it at first and downloaded the demo, I think when I re-read your post I mistook it as a direct link to the demo and didn't bother looking again.

MAP26

Testing form: http://pastebin.com/78tHN42m

I picked this one because of the imaginative title. :)

The beginning of the map isn't really that interesting, combat-wise. The barons are no challenge, neither is any of the monsters in the red key room. Killing far away hell knights on these long, long ledges is annoying. The gameplay picks up once you access the main area, with the giant ship. It begins with a chaotic, fun battle. Actually entering the fray is a bit of a problem, since it's tough to shove your way past the cyberdemon. And the insteadeath falling hazards everywhere can be very annoying; I died more times because of falling than to monsters! Still, the battle is interesting once you're in, with enough ammo to destroy all opposition. The sequence that begins with four arch-viles (what's the point of these barrels in the room with them?) is somewhat dull, you blast your way through single enemies that pose no real threat (the arch-vile up on the ledge is annoying, as the design of the area encourages shooting it once, jumping down and riding the very slow lift up again.) Once you unlock the ship and press the switch inside, a fun hell knight/revenant/cyberdemon assault begins. The best way to complete it seems to be simply to climb the blue door ledge, then let the infighting commence and jump down to finish off the survivors. Not sure if it was intentional.

There really doesn't seem to be a point for the pain elemental behind the blue door. The revenants are fun to fight, but the chaingunner on the stairs and the lost souls down in the sewers feel like they're there just to fill space.

Other notes:

I liked the appearance, though the pure-white tiles were a little tough on the eyes. The entire map was a pretty and odd-looking one, the indoor parts reminded me of some kind of an UFO, while the main outdoor area looked like an alien city street. The music helped to make it feel like an exotic, sci-fi adventure into the unknown.

One of the puzzles seemed to involve destroying a "main generator", but for me, the first time it happened was by accident (courtesy of the Cyberdemon), which is a little confusing when he destroys the generator and the message shows up without you knowing what happened. Also, the necessity to destroy the "main generator" wasn't communicated in any way, but I haven't played the previous maps yet and maybe they also included such generators.

After clearing out the flashing light room with mancubuses, the hell knight that appears outside the room is asleep and has its back turned to you, which looks quite silly.

Overall, this level seemed a bit easy for a MAP26 level on UV difficulty, especially due to ZDoom's freelook.

Not as busy as I thought I'd be, so I fired this up and started playing through. As I said, I'll be using Zandronum (no freelook though unless I need it) and playing through continuously on UV. (I'll kill everything unless I comment)

Map 1: It's a Map 1. I'm never too sure what to say about these as they're generally supposed to ease you into the game, which this does just fine. Found both secrets, so nothing much to say.

Map 2: The two secrets to the side of the start room that both have radiation suits don't really seem to serve much of a purpose. The only possible damaging floor you might fall into is in the red key room, and you have a suit there already, so I'm not too sure what the point of them was. The exit switch really needs an indication it's the exit, as I hit it expecting to fight the 4 Revenants I'd seen earlier. I found all 5 secrets, but no idea how to kill the Revenants.

Map 3: Is the switch in the second room that lowers the Armor meant to be a one-time only switch? It's very easy to not react in time to it and I couldn't hit the switch again. The enemies on top of the pillars here couldn't attack at all. You can get the yellow key by hitting this switch from down here. There's a 100 Cell pack on the map but no PG/BFG? The area leading to the red key had an office feel, which I really liked. I found 4 of the 5 secrets but even with the map I couldn't work out where the 5th one was. (If it is a PG, ignore my earlier comment) I know I'm playing continuously, but I'm almost always on 90+ shells even using the SG as my main weapon at the moment, so there's possibly a little too much ammo for it around, especially as I'm not burning 2 shells a shot with an SSG.

Map 4: Ah a SSG finally! The start seems a bit out of place with two Spider Masterminds, especially as there is little cover and there doesn't seem to be a way to get back up to that area once you start descending down the level. The Chainsaw/Invulnerability idea is nice, but mine ran out before I was able to kill them. Luckily I had enough SSG ammo from previous maps to finish the job, but it just seems a bit out of place. The lift down to the yellow door area goes down so fast that you freefall for part of it, which looks weird. An Armor somewhere in the level would help a lot. The end room was pretty cool. I ended up finding 4 of the 5 secrets, but again even with a map I was unable to work out where the 5th is.

Map 5: The room with the Soul Sphere and RL is tedious because the only reasonable way to tackle that room is to snipe the enemies one at a time. Even rushing in and rushing out you still take an inordinate amount of damage, especially as there hasn't been any meaningful armour in over a map now. You're able to easily kill many enemies from here because that lamp blocks the Imps' shots, which makes the area beyond the yellow door considerably less challenging. I finally pick up a Green Armor but it is much too late in the level as you really need it in the room before. The Soul Sphere from earlier in the map is likely to have been chunked down by now, and there is a lot of hitscan in the previous room, even with a PG. I found 4 secrets, and I'm guessing the 5th is the MegaSphere, but I couldn't work out how to get it.

Map 6: The first half of this map seems to be a switch hunt where it's not entirely obvious what direction you should be going in. There are so many locked doors that I had to check all of them every time to see which one had been opened by a switch. The lighting in the Soul Sphere room beyond the blue door is quite epileptic, so you may want to consider changing that. It's possible to get this MegaSphere by just running at the wall behind it. The second half of this map is a lot more interesting than the first as there are actual enemies. I found all the secrets, but there was a Cyberdemon and Spider Mastermind that I didn't kill as I couldn't find any way to let them out.

I'm stopping here for now. Ammo in general has been no problem. Even though I'm playing continuously, I generally have over 75% ammo for the SSG or CG (depending on what I've been using) with a decent helping of RL ammo and a lot of PG ammo. Part of this is because I've been hunting down the secrets, some of which have been very generous with ammo. (Map 5 had 400 Cells in one secret) Aside from Map 4 having no real armour at all and Map 5 not giving you a Green Armor until much too late in the level, generally health has been fine as well. The levels have tended to be a little on the easy side for the most part, but I've no idea what's coming up so it may get harder. Overall I'm enjoying this quite a lot and am looking forward to playing through the rest of the levels.

Also, is there anyway this WAD could be ran on PrBoom+? I personally don't like playing any Doom without PrBoom+, lol.

MD922 said:

Also, is there anyway this WAD could be ran on PrBoom+? I personally don't like playing any Doom without PrBoom+, lol.

Maps 1,2,3,4,6,12,and 14 might be PrBoom+ compatible, but you'd have to extract the map lumps to a new temp. wad, no? Doesn't really seem worth it, imo. Most of the maps in episode 2 are hopelessly uncompatible. It's usually small things like horizon lines, or a few particle fountains, but because of this it breaks compatibility. Not to mention a couple maps have quite a decent chunk of ACS scripting.

To JudgeDeadd: Holy crap. Huge wall of comments as well as the testing form filled out. Thanks for the super in depth help, it's clear you put a lot of time into testing that one map. I do realize the pits in the map would be a horrible troll-fest online, so in cooperative the pits just teleport you back to the top when you fall in. Seems like I might just tone them down in single-player as well. Noted all your other comments as well.

To degree23: Thanks for the review. Some of your comments really made me realize how quirky some of these earlier maps are, with some strange things (Ammo with no weapon present, strange powerup placement, those radiation secrets in MAP02, etc.). I'll work on making the maps a little less strange when I update these maps' aesthetics a bit (Yeah, they are a little barren right now, but as said in OP I will work on them a bit to touch them up a bit).

I've completed the first two maps, and will play through the rest.

I chose one later map at random and did a pistol start, and I have a review for it:

Map 17 - Aquarius

This was interesting right off the bat because it reminded me a lot of a level in my first megawad release, UAC Enterprises (map 25, "Sunk", to be specific).

Underwater levels add a unique twist to combat. The player has more ways they can dodge, yet they are slower overall.

There are some absolutely awesome parts of this map. My favorite is the area leading from the sludge to the clean, blue water. I was not expecting that, and the area has a very unique look.

The whole map kind of reminds me of Ocarina of Time's Water Temple, though a lot less stressful. That said, this map was confusing at points. Part of the problem was that there were no easy teleports to connect some of the later areas to the earlier ones, meaning travel around the map was slow.

There are a lot of blank hallways, and finding the keys was more difficult than it should have been. The exit was also completely unmarked, making me finish the level on accident. I got a yellow key, but never used it. (To be fair, map 25 of Enterprises does the exact same thing with not needing some of the keys)

Despite the map's flaws, it is still a lot of fun, and I especially enjoy the big, open rooms underwater, like the first one where there is that temple with all of the armor and health bonuses, and monsters shooting at you from every height.

To improve the map, I'd add more clear directions to go for at least one of the keys. I know part of the map's atmosphere is to be mysterious and have the player explore to find answers, which is fine. You just need to balance it out enough so that the player does not become frustrated. Having a teleport between a later area and the temple room would be a good idea. The teleport could be locked behind gates that open up when you press a switch in the area it leads to. This could make backtracking less time consuming.

Overall, I had a ton of fun with this map, and am anticipating more good things from the set. :)

obake said:

There are a lot of blank hallways, and finding the keys was more difficult than it should have been. The exit was also completely unmarked, making me finish the level on accident. I got a yellow key, but never used it. (To be fair, map 25 of Enterprises does the exact same thing with not needing some of the keys)

How is this possible? There is a switch in a small sort of techbase that raises the water level near the canals by the end of the map. In order to get in, you have to hit a switch to open the first door, and then pass two more doors, one of which requires the blue key and another that requires the yellow key. In the original version of the map, it was infact possible to finish without getting one of the keys, but I changed this. The wad in the download link should require both keys.

Thanks for the review.

Map 7: This switch seemed to be another "one time only" thing. I heard something move when I hit it, but now I can't hit it again and unlike Map 3, I didn't notice what this did. I'm quite liking the way you're using the light amplification visors so far in this WAD. I missed one enemy somewhere, and I found 3 out of 4 secrets. I'm guessing that the 4th secret was related to that switch. In general, only giving people one chance to get something doesn't seem that great, unless it's somehow heavily signposted that this is one shot deal.

Map 8: I'm really liking the vibe from the music here. The green glow effect is quite cool as well. Depending on how difficult you're intending this WAD to be, an Armor (at the very least) or a MegaArmor (if you're feeling more kind) is absolutely essential for this map at the very start. You have to fight past a ton of hitscan at the start, and the outside area is teeming with enemies, the most pertinent of which are Arachnatrons which continue to fire at you until you break their line of sight. Then you get some Revenants with homing rockets. Even with all the RL and PG ammo I was bringing forward, and starting at 102/88, I was still down to very low health by the time this area was cleared out, and I think I picked up over 160HP during the fights to boot. Without the helping of powerful weapons, this start is extremely challenging. I killed all but 4 enemies (which were down in a pit by the red key) and found 3 of the 4 secrets. I was disappointed there was nothing behind the large set of bars. I now have a BFG, so it will be interesting to see how the ammo balance plays out.

Map 9: This area feels weird because it looks like you should be able to walk into the distance, yet you can't. That area definitely feels very ZDoomesque! I don't think shooting the wall to get the yellow key is that great; I spent quite a while running around the level trying to work out what to do. It doesn't seem that well signposted to me. The huge lift could also move a little faster. At the top of that lift, falling off the edge into instant death wasn't cool. (If for some reason you send the lift back down but get off before it goes down, you're trapped at the top. Don't know if it's that big a deal, but just thought I'd mention it) At this place, it's a little weird that the Arachnatrons see you but don't start moving, even if you fire. I know you can't fire through that glass, but maybe the monsters in that area shouldn't be deaf. I was wondering why this level had the name it did, but then I got to the end and realised.

Map 10: I can see we're really out of the realm of PRBoom visuals now haha. The Arch Vile at that spawns in amongst the Hell Knights and Revenants on the lift is a bit unfair. It spawned when I was nearly at the top, and I don't know if the order is random, but it is highly unlikely you can escape being shot by it once, especially as you won't have that much firepower if you pistol start this. (Unless I missed something; it's pretty dark in this level!) Due to monsters being able to opened keyed doors, here it's possible to skip getting any of the keys (and therefore most of the level) by just shooting the Demons and they then wake up and can open the doors for you.

Map 11: Is there any need for the blood around the start platform to do 20 damage? This area is already chaotic enough, especially from a pistol start. Likewise with the damaging red carpet in the corridors. This is a pretty difficult level on the whole, even with the BFG. I definitely went through Rockets and Cells in this map, so from a pistol start it will be pretty challenging, especially to UV-Max. The BFG helped out a lot here but without it ammo may be somewhat tight on key weapons. I found 5 of the 8 secrets here.

Map 12: The start is very reminiscent of Map 21 from Doom II, especially with Revenants here. You have Invisibilities in so many secrets where they're not actually helpful! In nearly all cases I've taken more damage than I would without it and the same is true with the HK/Revenant ambush on this map. I'm not sure what the doors on the left here are for as you can make it to the blue key by going up from the small platform the PG is on. (The Cyberdemon died in this fight by the way as he couldn't hit the Chaingunner at all) The red key ambush is super lame. I killed all but 1 enemy and found 2 of the 3 secrets. Couldn't find the 3rd one even with the map.

Map 13: The start with the Chaingunner right behind you feels a little lame if it's a pistol start. There are a lot of higher tier enemies on this map and continuously that's fine, but there seems to be quite a lack of RL/PG ammo to be able to take them out. It's actually possible to get to here directly from the start by jumping out of the gap at the starting platform. You can jump into here from the yellow door, but then there's no way out. Likewise, you can get into this Revenant section, but with no way out. Does the blue door actually do anything? I was able to get around it by taking another path. There also seem to be 2 computer maps in 2 different secrets. I got comprehensively lost in this level, even with the map. You retrace the same areas a couple of times and nothing distinctive seems to be showing the way. I'm pretty sure I need to get to the teleporter behind this wall, which will allow me to take a path to the second switch and eventually to the exit, but I don't know what activates it and I've given up trying now. A very frustrating map due how non-linear it is. It's too easy to get lost given how many enemies you have to deal with.

MAP20

Testing form: http://pastebin.com/PKKZdWqm

The map felt quite nonlinear and interesting; even though it was quite small, it gave me the feeling of exploring a real place, which was great. Some rooms had annoying decor that got in the way (the floor lamps near the door behind which is a mancubus and some zombiemen; the chairs in the room with the blue door.)

The function of the switches behind the red door is unclear. I pressed them both and presumably they opened my way to the exit, but I haven't earlier seen the door or obstacle they removed (assuming that's what they did?), so after pressing the switches I wasn't sure where to go.

The hiding place for the yellow key seems pretty unimaginative. It's practically sitting right there in the very first room, and is not even defended or guarded in any way.

The outdoors area with the cyberdemon pretty much clears itself. It's interesting to wake up the monsters there then run to the safe window and watch them shoot each other, but ultimately the cyberdemon inevitably kills everything else, especially since there's the second door outside which you can use easily to get the cybie pissed at the chaingunners. Once all opposition is dead, there's enough room to easily kill the cyberdemon.

I liked the giant outdoors area with the spiderdemons. The cyberdemon on the other hand doesn't contribute much to the fight, and is easy to dodge and kill.

I noticed a visual glitch - if you stand next to the icy pillar with the arch-vile on it before it lowers, and look up, the upper part of the pillar has a HOM around it.

The big lift behind the blue door was annoyingly slow, its textures were a bit misaligned, and the BFG secret isn't hidden at all. It's hard to imagine someone not finding it.

Falling into the freezing water around the mancubus and dying with no possibility of escape was annoying, you should probably add an escape lift or something.

The exits both on this map and MAP26 were pretty unexpected. Some players might dislike blundering into an unmarked exit when they were hoping to explore the map or clean up the remaining monsters.

In general, the map felt quite original and unlike a typical mapset, something like the best more experimental and unconventional maps from the beginnings of Doom mapping. I really feel like playing some more maps to see what other ideas you can come up with. The visuals felt pretty sparse in some places. The music was great though, and fit the map's almost cozy atmosphere.
The gameplay once again was rather on the easy side, with a lot of monsters disposed of pretty easily; the more interesting parts of the map were the ones where you had to face opposition from more than one direction. Encounters such as the revenant trap by the blue key, etc. don't feel threatening if you can just run back to the previous area and take your sweet time killing the monsters as they try to make their way to you. Opening a door, seeing a single monster behind it and killing it easily isn't that interesting of a challenge.

degree23 said:

Map 13: The start with the Chaingunner right behind you feels a little lame if it's a pistol start. There are a lot of higher tier enemies on this map and continuously that's fine, but there seems to be quite a lack of RL/PG ammo to be able to take them out. It's actually possible to get to here directly from the start by jumping out of the gap at the starting platform. You can jump into here from the yellow door, but then there's no way out. Likewise, you can get into this Revenant section, but with no way out. Does the blue door actually do anything? I was able to get around it by taking another path. There also seem to be 2 computer maps in 2 different secrets. I got comprehensively lost in this level, even with the map. You retrace the same areas a couple of times and nothing distinctive seems to be showing the way. I'm pretty sure I need to get to the teleporter behind this wall, which will allow me to take a path to the second switch and eventually to the exit, but I don't know what activates it and I've given up trying now. A very frustrating map due how non-linear it is. It's too easy to get lost given how many enemies you have to deal with.

I must say, you have found issues that I had no idea even existed, especially considering map11-14 have been maps that I've tested quite a lot, as well as online once or twice. You really are pushing these maps to find as many issues as you can, accessing areas I wouldn't think to find, etc., so thanks so much for reviewing these maps.

Map13 is made to have different routes, so you can finish the level without having the blue key at all. Should I change it, or leave it? What do you think? I wanted to make a level with multiple options to beat. As far as the teleporter behind that wall, there is a switch which opens a door near the checkerboard room. Passing that linedef which was previously unpassable lowers a lift nearby that you should be able to hear, ride it up to hit a switch. I do agree, this level is quite cryptic.

Again, thanks for the help.

JudgeDeadd said:

The hiding place for the yellow key seems pretty unimaginative. It's practically sitting right there in the very first room, and is not even defended or guarded in any way.

Are you playing this with jumping? You're supposed to use a lift to get up on the 32-unit high ledge to walk to it. So I'm just curious if you are using jumping. The wad is not meant to be played with jumping, I forgot to mention this.

Whymes5 said:

Are you playing this with jumping? You're supposed to use a lift to get up on the 32-unit high ledge to walk to it. So I'm just curious if you are using jumping. The wad is not meant to be played with jumping, I forgot to mention this.

That's right, I jumped, sorry about that. But that didn't really affect anything else in the map (I didn't jump in other places).