Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Xindage

MAP31 - Sonhos Ruins [Help Needed]

This map is some idea that got thought my head and is perfect for a secret map the purpose is, player is going to jump of dream to dream (area to area[Challenge to challenge]) where is going to be a dark are whit dead monsters bodies (true Bodies), after player pick the "object" of this area archviles will invade our dream and i'll be ressurect any monsters back to life.

What i need help?
well is that dreams places, they need to be small and single monster type to archviles ressurects.

If you want to mape some dreams to me you have to set some rules:

- The parts of outside need to be duumy and 0 light
- The playable area need to have light ouver 64 and increase to more near the light source area.
- Need to have a outside whit a teleport to next dream.
- The monster type need to be one that not drop something (ex: zombieman and shotgunner)
- We need 1 each dream monster kind, if you guys help me i'll soon add a list of remaining monsters.

well if you guys want to see my progress is there: (WIP 3)
http://www.geocities.ws/protox/FreeDoom/FreeDoom2/map31_p3.wad

Wip 3 - Now the map has it own core helping mappers to create a dream also it feature 2 more dreams, demons and spectres.
Wip 2 - Now the map is more boom friendly also upgraded the imp dream to its final version.

-- Challenges done --
-> Serpider Arena (imps)
-> Blood edge (Demons)
-> Ghost gate (Spectres)

-- Challenges needed --
-> Doom Tower (cacos)
-> Not named (Hell knights)
-> Not named (Barons of hell)
-> Box center (Mancubos)
-> Tech off-line (Spiders)
-> Absolute darkness (Archviles)
-- From there if you find the secret keys you can choose our way
> Go to normal teleport and exit (that exit is already done but i'll keep it secret until the last release)
> Or open the 3 skull doors to (secret exit map to 32)
-> Bloodful paths (3 cyberdemons - no archs)

Jaxxoon R said:

... Dad Dreams...?

Well thats the only name of i got in translator, i have got also.

"Perverse Dreams"... if someone has a better name.

Sodaholic said:

Just curious, what was the map's name in your native language (untranslated)?

PT - BR : Sonhos Ruims

wait i got a fault also in my language, is "Sonhos Ruins" whit n istead of m because is plural.

Also we can use my native name to be like "The ruins of Sonhos". can be a cool name but the map is not a ruins, other point i mean dream because the map has no edges is like parts of something that you're remenbering, forget...

when i got something new to map i call us again.

Protox said:

Naming a map in my language no one is going to stand...

Not really

Protox said:

Well thats the only name of i got in translator, i have got also.

"Perverse Dreams"...

What kind of language is that where "dad" and "perverse" sound the same...

Putting "Sonhos Ruims" in Google Translate I get "bads dreams"
"Sohnos Ruins" I get "dreams ruins"

"Dad Dreams" is funny because "dad" is short for "father" in English. I get "pai" for Portuguese translation. And a "dad something" is a something that dads do; so it seemed your level was about the dreams made by a dad.

Anyway, the name "Bad Dreams" is already taken so you can as well keep the Portuguese name. It's not a problem.

Gez said:

Putting "Sonhos Ruims" in Google Translate I get "bads dreams"
"Sohnos Ruins" I get "dreams ruins"

"Sonhos ruins" is the correct spelling though. Adjectives in portuguese have singular and plural forms, and in this case:
Ruim = singular form of "bad"
Ruins = plural form of "bad"

Thanks guy now i got why you guys gets so hard whit my mp name is because i tiped whong the bad and i put DAD i'll fix it and thanks to explaing the dad to me :)

also now i'll thinking, i'ma going to use my native language name to map it could be fun.

WIP 3 Done, but like aways while i was recording a demo i found a glitch in spectre dreams is a scrolling floor simple ignore it and have fun, ah! i'm still looking for a mapper to help me also in certain monsters dream like arach and mancubos.

Look the 1st post for link.

i'm having poblem to figure how i can do the cacodemon area since i want to use the flying advantage of cacos but it may trap archviles in darkness (heh sounds cool in name), someone has a good idea point? dont need to map only try to explain me if someone got it a idea of how i can make that area.

-> Updated main post whit Done/remaining challenges to do, also i'll put to then cool nmes only to fun of it.

I'm still trying to kick forward the map but for me alone is so much work, anyway my progress in it now is only a part of pain lord area, see all the area of i need to shade i'm not kidding...

Stairs build plugin: Hey protox i can help you!

better now?

:|