People are still pining for HL2 EP3?

Papissama said:

Doom is 32nd right now.

FTFY.

DoomUK said:

FTFY.

I guess so. I can't talk since I put The Last Guardian on my list :p

Wow, most of the games beating it don't seem interesting at all. However, I'm very surprised to see Cyberpunk so high up. I really want to see that, too.

Doom might gain traction and rise higher on the charts once people actually get to see some unveiled gameplay footage on Youtube. That should generate more excitement.

Clonehunter said:

Wow, most of the games beating it don't seem interesting at all. However, I'm very surprised to see Cyberpunk so high up. I really want to see that, too.

Yeah, they look very generic aside from a select few. Doom 4 is certainly my most anticipated.

I haven't even heard of some of these, Shenmue?

Just waiting for Doom4, Fallout4, Mario Maker and Star Wars Battlefront at the moment. I've given up on Half Life 3.

i'm looking forward to a bunch of contractually-obligated sequels with a sprinkling of kickstarted RPG reboots full of embarrassing deference to their originals

So where do they get their stats from? It appears Japanese games I never heard of are up there. So essentially majority of America, Europe, Asia (plus my insignificant country Australia) etc in addition to Japan value these interactive anime more than Doom? I refuse to believe that.

I understand Doom won't receive epic reception these days, especially due to new generation gamers having no nostalgia with it nor growing up with the gaming industry but also Doom 3 wasn't the next best FPS classic (I think Half Life 1 + 2 took that crown) to really help its legacy. But damn it, a Doom release is a very significant event in game history no matter how it turns out. Not some JRPG 13 year old girl fan service giant magical morphing sword, over dramatic voice-acting, mushroom eating, colorful and ridiculous hair-styled Japanese game. I'm too butt hurt over something stupid, I know.

A lot of those games have actual plot and characters, and worlds that people want to see again/completed, that tends to help ingrain a game into people's memories, along with a few of them being parts of long-running series that haven't been on hiatus for the past 10 years.

Doom has none of those things, well, it has a world, kinda. But that world is extremely chaotically inconsistent and constantly being rebooted. Doomguy is no one, he's a Schrodinger's protagonist, anyone and everyone playing is him. Being entirely gameplay and mechanics, to anyone who doesn't revere the game or care for creating content, it exists as more of a toy than anything, thrown aside when its no longer new or exciting.

Doom 3 remade Doom 1, Doom 4 remade and combined both while being a hard reboot of the series. We've hit remake-of-the-remake-of-the-original-that-remakes-the-original territory here, folks.

DoomUK said:

Half-life is gone, valve members probably lost interest in it :c . Shame on them ruining the series .

I dislike lists such as this. They constantly change. Where's Sonic on the list?

DMGUYDZ64 said:

It's not one of World's Most Anticipated Games i suppose :P .

Sonic has a huge fan base. Everybody knows who he is. How can we not anticipate his Madden FIFA assassins Creed like regularity?

Chezza said:

[Danganronpa]

Chezza said:

Not some JRPG 13 year old girl fan service giant magical morphing sword, over dramatic voice-acting, mushroom eating, colorful and ridiculous hair-styled Japanese game. I'm too butt hurt over something stupid, I know.

ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaa