Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Doom II Guy

Help with files

What kind of file is ".r00"? Is it sort of like a ZIP file? Excuse my stupidity but it's for a game and I don't know what to do.

IIRC, it's a smallish component of one large compressed file. Usually there's a series of files with the same name and progressively numbered file extensions, like pakdfile.r00, pakdfile.r01, pakdfile.r02, etc. Usually there's one file that binds the lot of 'em together, pakdfile.rar or some shit like that. If all of the like named files are in the same directory, and the .rar file gets run through the decoder, all the files will be run together and the compl;ete file will be unpacked.

make sure u got the rest of that files series. that is a file(s) that has not only been compressed but divided. so if u have just that file it may not work correctly. yes winrar, winace and a few others do the trick. also LINUX supports all such files and can take care of them too.

GS-1719
For a warez game perhaps?

No shit, Sherlock. You know anything else that comes in .rars? ;)

GS-1719 said:

For a warez game perhaps?

*GASP*
I'd NEVER do something like that! ;) It's abandonware, so it's no biggie.

Doom II Guy
It's abandonware, so it's no biggie.

Heh, I used to think that too. Then the forum goons "re-educated" me. Now I love Big Brother, and would never dream of taking software that I haven't rightfully purchased and liscensed. O_o They even let me keep the piece of brain they cut out...

IMJack said:

Heh, I used to think that too. Then the forum goons "re-educated" me. Now I love Big Brother, and would never dream of taking software that I haven't rightfully purchased and liscensed. O_o They even let me keep the piece of brain they cut out...

But not the one that governed spelling