Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
pritch

SLIGE

So I've been experimenting with SLIGE, seeing if it could give me any good bases on which to get to grips with editing again.

On a small scale, it's worked fine, a very impressive tool, and once I've fixed the odd error in Deepsea and applied the nodes builder to the wads they've been playable and fine.

The problem is getting it to generate anything comprehensive. It seems to get stuck in a loop, I haven't been able to get it to create a map with more than 2 criterion set yet. It seems to satisfy it's criterian, then go back and re-test it again. I left it running for 5 hours earlier by mistake, which is how I discovered this!

Does anyone know if this is SLIGE's bad or mine?

I find that tool useful when I am feeling lazy.... :-p

but overall its pretty impressive. but I rather build a level from scratch. but most of the levels generated does look almost like a Classic doom map...

I like to fiddle with slige from time to time and it does a pretty good job at what it does, and in just moments.

I think the loop problem is covered in the docs for it. There are also some tricks and tips that might help you linked from the main page for Slige.

Slige is nice for trying out different texture schemes.

Too bad cfg editing is such a bitch. It would be so cool if someone wrote a frontend for editing the SLIGE cfg.

A Slige front end would be very cool. In the mean time I edited several copies of the cfg file to exclude the textures I did not want. You can just "rem" remark them out by putting a " ; " in front of anything you don't want.. Be sure and edit copies just in case. Make up batch files to do what you want, with your new config files.

Hmmm, I would make a frontend, but yeah I know only Visual Basic and don't have good knows how much for the compiler. The end.

By the by, where can I get it? Couldn't find it on 3darchives...