Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
40oz

If there was a Final Doom 2...

What two megawads do you think id software would have commissioned to put on the official Final Doom 2 CD?

Perdition's Gate would have probably been one of the biggest contenders.

They should just get the old gang together again and make two megawads and release them for old times' sake. Final Doom as created by id Software.

Perdition's Gate is the obvious choice considering it almost was in Final Doom, the other contenders from that time that hadn't been released before Final Doom would be Requiem or Hell Revealed.

Perdition's Gate would've been my only favorite wad out of Final Doom if it were in it.

You didn't give any timeline-related restriction, so I say Hell Revealed and Alien Vendetta.

scifista42 said:

You didn't give any timeline-related restriction, so I say Hell Revealed and Alien Vendetta.

Well anything after 1997 seems pretty silly if ID wanted to make any money on a hypothetical Final Doom 2 :)

If there was a Final Doom 2, we'd probably have a quadrilogy of megawads, which consist of Perdition's Gate, Memento Mori 1 and 2, and Hell Revealed. I don't think Icarus would have been included because they already did that with Evilution.

A lot of mentions of Perditions Gate, but no Hell To Pay?

Obviously Final Doom II would have TNT2: Devilution and Plutonia 2.

Alternatively, it could be two megawads of four episodes each using the Ultimate Doom structure. Then Final Doom:Doom II == Final Doom II:Doom and everyone is confused.

I had a long think about this, but if i were to use the same formula as what happened in the original final doom i would go for this;
Memento Mori 2 - The best community vanilla PWad outside of Alien Vendetta, but the reason I omitted it was because of my second choice.
Kama Sutra - Made by a pair of mappers which pushes the vanilla limits, trickery and difficulty. Because of the difficulty of this wad I would take MM2 over AV so the player doesn't get overwhelmed. Of course this wad would have needed some various fixes though (as well as a different Map30 :P)

Sensibly, Perdition's Gate and Hell to Pay are both commercial PWADs so I'd suggest those. But the free to download successors of Evilution and Plutionia would be Icarus and Hell Revealed IMO.

Piper Maru said:

I'd pick Requiem and Alien Vendetta.

I have very limited knowledge of old classic megawads, but those two sprang to my mind also.

purist said:

Sensibly, Perdition's Gate and Hell to Pay are both commercial PWADs so I'd suggest those. But the free to download successors of Evilution and Plutionia would be Icarus and Hell Revealed IMO.

I agree with that. Icarus being another TNT project, and Hell Revealed, pretty much expands on the craziness of Plutonia.

I'm definitely thinking the first Momento Mori, if we're talking about pre-97.

Neither Memento Mori nor any of its sequels could have ever been part of a Final Doom 2 or any other commercial package. A few oldtimers will recall all the hoopla the announcement that TNT: Evilution was bought by id generated. MM was released not long after and one of its main "selling points" was that it was free, unlike Final Doom.

If there were a Final Doom 2, I would laugh at how certain they were that they were done with Doom to make a product called "Final Doom", only to have to backpedal, going "oh, shit, we painted ourselves into a corner here", shrugging, and ultimately slapping a "2" at the end to release a new product after the ostensibly-final one.

Also Perdition's Gate would've been in it.