Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
raymoohawk

need halp!

hey guys im having a hard time trying to figure out how the 3 frame animation would work on the octaminator

here is an example of a monster using the method

but i cant figure out how this would apply to the 4 tencaled octaminatro, i made this embarrassing stick figure to try and find out, but something is seriously off

can anyone help me out by doing stick figures of how the frames should be (only from one angle is neccesary)?

thanks

How about having him slither like a snake: Don't have his trunk move. Just his arms and his tentacles.

ok, i consulted with Arborix (from http://doommonsters.tumblr.com/) and he kindly made this cool animation

ill be using it as a guide on how to pose the model

apeaking of wich do you guys think the melee attack should be a punch like the reveant had? or shold it be an atack using the tentacles? anyone got suggestions on that?

Defiantly a tentacle attack! But anyway what are you making these for? I'm really interested because they look of high quality, at least the first image you used as an example.

EDIT: I forgot what thread I was in haha its for freedoom

the tentacled monster will be the new freedoom revenant, the elphant man is a monster fredrik designed many years ago and that i want to finish for an expanded bestiary of free and open content. a sort of "freedoom plus" wich im calling the libre pack for now (i got permission from him before using it of course)

I personally think having this creature be the Baron of Hell and the Hell Knight would make more sense than making it a new Revenant. Wesley has drawn a really nice Revenant which is about as good as the Revenant in the commercial Doom 2 release.

The Baron/Hell Knight, on the other hand, is an incomplete sprite missing colors and animation frames. It currently looks like a cross between a snow man and the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man from the Ghostbusters movie franchise.

im already working on hell noble replacements ;)

ive pmed you explaining my reasons for chainging the revenant, wich id like to keep private

the thing to remember here is that freedoom as an open content game will keep changing, and thats good, because it means more resources

Agreed. This will -- if you have time to finish it -- make a great Revenant.