Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
pattoni

Another Doom 64 texture question...

Hi all... just wondering how to get all textures from Doom 64... I've got the roms but I didn´t (and problably won´t) figure out how to rip off them. Some of them look very nice, I would like to use it in future...

Well, the question is: I´ve seen that some people are working with maps using some of these textures, but how was the procedure to obtain them? Did you use any tools or paused-the-game-took-the-snapshot?

Man, if you made it manually all i can say it should be hellish...

You may want to ask Elbryan42 about this. He's doing a Top Secret Project concerning this.

I love to answer this but since I am converting the Doom 64 textures for the project, I really can't say how...

Deathman said:

I love to answer this but since I am converting the Doom 64 textures for the project, I really can't say how...

I'm sure it's no real secret. People have done it before, so you may still get an answer.

I'm guessing the rom is somewhat like a wad in which you can somehow rip the graphics out of the rom. But how?

Perchance you could pause the game, take a screen shot, and load up the screenshot in Paint Shop Pro and take it from there.
I dunno.

DooMBoy said:

Perchance you could pause the game, take a screen shot, and load up the screenshot in Paint Shop Pro and take it from there.
I dunno.

That would take an unbelievable amount of time and patience. There must be a better way. Many emulators for other systems can dump a games graphical information. Maybe there's an N64 emu that does the same.

DooMBoy said:

I dunno.

actually there's three ways that I am getting the textures.

2 of them is already posted here.

i don´t believe they´re taking screenshots of the game for some reasons:

- you'll need a perfect occasion to do it. Ex.: a nice amount of lighting, which is not the case in doom 64
- you need to ask an enemy to stop shooting at you so you can take some shots... Ex.: hey , very good, next one, ok, now turn around, yes, awesome, good, now you can shoot me
- you MUST be budist and have so much patience and time that you would not bother to hours in front of the computer
- the sprites will not look good at all, because of resizing , etc

the question remains...

By the way, this is in the text file:

Tony did all the hard work, capturing the sprites with UltraHLE and removing them from screenshots, as well as recording some sounds, while Cory made the results doom compatable.

Assmaster said:

Many emulators for other systems can dump a games graphical information. Maybe there's an N64 emu that does the same.

Really? Which systems???

pattoni said:

i don´t believe they´re taking screenshots of the game for some reasons:

- you need to ask an enemy to stop shooting at you so you can take some shots... Ex.: hey , very good, next one, ok, now turn around, yes, awesome, good, now you can shoot me

your're forgeting something.

at the end where it shows the cast of the enemies, you can actually press the left and right keys to turn them around.

ok, i've never reached the end but it seems reasonable that if they can turn around and so on it would make the work a little bit easier. i suppose they act just like the pc version without rotating. it seems that you have all movements and even the death sequence, but i doubt you can have the 'pain' sequences in 360 degrees...

although i've never been through the end, you can tell me...

but hey, what about the textures?

:-)

...and the motherdemon or whatever it was called? They don't give a nice little turnable one of her at the end.

no, you have to capture her the hard way.

but its not hard than you think.