Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jon

Want to submit something?

If you want to submit something, great! Here's what you do:

1. READ THE README FILE!!
  2. Check to make sure that the resource has not already been replaced. Existing resources should only be replaced if lots of people seem to dislike them or there is some other problem with them: dont bother remaking something if theres no problem with whats already there. Also check to make sure it hasn't already been assigned to someone- check the lists at http://freedoom.sf.net/status.shtml .
  3. If you are worried about someone else submitting the resource first, ask either myself or fraggle to assign it to you - do this either via this board or email. For things which will take a long time such as levels or a large number of sprites (eg. a complete set of monster sprites) this is highly recommended.
  4. Complete the resource, then...
  5. Upload it to ftp://ftp.vect.org/pub/incoming/freedoom/ within a .zip containing a text file with your name/email so we know who it has come from :) Please put your name in the zip filename, eg fraggle_candlesprites.zip
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE don't submit material covered by a license that does not comply with our own- basically, it has to be free to be modified and used by other people without restriction(including selling it). Most web graphics for example are provided free only for non commercial use, so are no good. There is more information on this in the README file. As a general rule, if you did not make 100% of it yourself, get it cleared.

I think you can use the "Stick / Unstick Thread" option from the Admin Options drop-down menu to make this post actually stay at the top ;)

Hmm thanks. I still don't know how to post proper ATTN posts mind.

(heh not sure if the sticking is working- I replied to an old thread and it jumped above, but we'll see)

You are a mod for this forum, aren't you (for those of you how do not get it, that was a rhetorical question)? Then you got a drop-down "Admin Options" menu in the bottom right of the page. Just select "Stick / Unstick Thread" from this menu and the post will stay on top forever :)

I made a few modifications. Hope you dont mind.

Course not :P How did you get it prefixed with ATTN? What happened to ling's ATTN?

fraggle said:

I made a few modifications. Hope you dont mind.

<Jon> Course not :P How did you get it prefixed with ATTN? What happened to ling's ATTN?

Jon, am I on your forum ignore list? Or am I speaking german or something? ;)

boris said:

Jon, am I on your forum ignore list? Or am I speaking german or something? ;)

No.. i did stick the thread as you suggest (thanks) but that didn't work properly - it wasn't prefixed with ATTN: and another post jumped on top when I replied to that. Isn't there a post somewhere where I say that? :)

this new midi zip im submitting has the name name of the last zip but theres 10 less files in the zip

What sort of quality control is being done on this project?

Surely you can't accept any and every contribution.

Who does the selection of what gets used and what gets refused?

we basically accept anything, that is free enough to be included, which unfortunately does mean we get some crap. Soon we will have some kind of 'voting' system to decide which resources go in (i.e. when more than one person wants to submit the same level) but its not in place yet. That might help things a bit.

Incidentally, levels_list has the first 16 or so maps either assigned or done, so when the assigns are submitted (nudge nudge) we'll have half the levels done for doom 2!

Okay, my map isn't done yet. I haven't forogt about it, but i haven't worked on it in a while. If my missing maps holds the project up and there is a replacement for my slot, use that. but only when it's neccessary, please. my map will be done. Someday.

Submerge said:

Okay, my map isn't done yet. I haven't forogt about it, but i haven't worked on it in a while. If my missing maps holds the project up and there is a replacement for my slot, use that. but only when it's neccessary, please. my map will be done. Someday.

relax look at the status page, there are a bunch of uncompleted maps :)

If you aren't likely to finish a map, send me the incomplete one (either .zip, .rar, .gz) and at least we have something people can work on from.

Deathman said:

hey man :) I am thinking about re-doing map11

is that okay?

In general, the policy is that its ok to replace something if there is a problem with it. In this case, I'd encourage you to simply pick another level as I dont see any problem with kaisers existing MAP11. Chances are if you do make a replacement I'll just assign it to different level anyway, as I'm not going to just throw out Kaiser's. Please, just pick another level.

fraggle said:

In general, the policy is that its ok to replace something if there is a problem with it. In this case, I'd encourage you to simply pick another level as I dont see any problem with kaisers existing MAP11. Chances are if you do make a replacement I'll just assign it to different level anyway, as I'm not going to just throw out Kaiser's. Please, just pick another level.

Kaiser and Deathman are the same person

Liam the Bard said:

Kaiser and Deathman are the same person

Heh. Reminds me of something else (to make this post freedoom related). /me grabs into his quotes treasure chest.
<sdh^> julian what happened to the updated freedoom face || <Julian> dunno || <Julian> ask fraggle

Jon said:

If you aren't likely to finish a map, send me the incomplete one (either .zip, .rar, .gz) and at least we have something people can work on from.

dude, I'll finish it if it kills me. I have some neat ideas for the map that I want to do myself.

I'd like an E3 map, if at all possible, preferrably M1-M3 so I can make it small.