Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
revan1141

Alerting all Monsters in a sector via scripting?

So in the map I'm working on, I have a sector outside of the map which has a few monsters that I want to teleport into the map at a certain time.

I've made a sector which has a door blocking the monsters from teleporters which teleport them onto the map. When the player walks over a certain linedef in the map, the door will open - but the monsters will not walk around and go into the teleporter linedefs.

Usually I've made the monsters become alert by simply connecting the sector the monsters are in to a sector on the map, but the problem with this is there's a chance of the player not shooting at the monsters in that sector, so the possibility of the monsters not becoming alert is there.

I'm wondering if there is a easier solution to this problem so I don't have to connect sectors.

Seeing as to how I'm using Doom in Hexen format, is there a way I can just alert all the monsters in the sector through a script?

Since you are using the DiH format there is no need to use such an archaic
method as a separate sector and scrolling floor.

In this case, a much better method is the use of mapspots and SpawnSpot,
which allows you to spawn a monster in the exact location you want.

Also, while we're at it, consider using "UDMF" format instead of "Doom in Hexen". UDMF is far more flexible and basically superseded the Hexen format. I think GZDoomBuilder allows you to easily convert formats of already existing maps.