Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
fodders

Happy Good Riddance Day

bigbadgangsta said:

It ain't July 4th yet you senile geezer!

According to this site....it is. It's only 11:37 P.M. here though.

Doom II Guy said:

/me plays Good Riddance by Green Day in the background
IT'S A GOOD SONG YOU MUDVAYNE LOVING BASTARDS!! ;)

It is, though it gets played too much and getsold after a while.

Happy Good Riddance Day

You know what? I think our two countries have been seperate for too long. That's why I'm starting an initiative to reintegrate the wayward state of England back into the U.S.A. I'm sure you realize the folly of your little monarchy by now, and are willing to come home where it's safe. ;-)

[Instructions on a powderkeg: Set, Light, Run]

Yes.. Happy 4th of July.
We don't celebrate it in Europe, but I don't see a reason not to do it today :)

I feel like partying!

IMJack said:

[Instructions on a powderkeg: Set, Light, Run]

Instructions on a Double Barrel Shotgun (from Blood 2) : point away from face and fire. Ehehehehe.

Happy Good Riddance Day

Are the British still upset over their defeat? Jeez guys, get over it. Not like we rub it in your faces all the time......just once a year.

Happy Good Riddance Day

Heey, chill out dude.
It's not like they stole a part of your country five years ago.

Without the Poms, your country wouldn't exist, so be nice to them.

Livo said:

Without the Poms, your country wouldn't exist, so be nice to them.

Uh, the Poms responsible for our country existing have long since left the face of the earth.

'Scuse me? I am still here :) And my house was built in 1776 so I have a tenuous link :)

bigbadgangsta said:
Are the British still upset over their defeat? Jeez guys, get over it. Not like we rub it in your faces all the time......just once a year.

No. I'd say the prevailing uninformed attitude in Britain is that we don't understand why you felt you had to do it. Then again they don't teach the American War of Independance in British schools (not because we lost, but because they aren't keen on teaching anything that could be seen as imperialist - damn liberals).
Well they probably do but it's just one among many optional modules - we have a lot of history so you have to be selective.

Still, if you ever get tired of that Dubya fellow then I'm sure we'd be happy to accept you back as another member nation of the UK :-P.

yea it is kind of hard to understand why we did break away. i think i few where upset by the way that laws where being made. then the rest just got causght up in it. and like many things it just got worse until a war broke out. i wonder what it would be like if we where still part of england

I thought that very high taxes imposed by Britain on the colonies were the main reason?

Happy 4th of july ya'll........... now go blow some shit up!

P.S. I'm stuck at work............ BUT YESTERDAY SURE WAS ILL AS FUCK!!
¦]-~

/me fires another rocket at a group of former humans, and gibs them mofuckas!

According to what I've learned about the War o' Independence, the Americans were annoyed at paying taxes on tea (which they had no use of in the colonies)

The British were taxing pretty much everything, so we up and started a Revolution. And we kicked the Redcoats' asses back to England.
King George was a bastard. Plain and simple.
Sorry if the above offends any Englishman. :)

Oh we still pay taxes...due to this over-corrupted, bastardized POS we call the United States government. :(

The British were taxing pretty much everything, so we up and started a Revolution. And we kicked the Redcoats' asses back to England.
King George was a bastard. Plain and simple.
Sorry if the above offends any Englishman. :)

It's amazin when you think about it ya'll......... we started a war back in da day so that we would NOT be taxed on tons of stuff against our will......... and yet to dis very day we are STILL taxed on just about everything in existance.

And as for bein ruled by a bastard, of a cockless asshole for a king named George....... what exactly would most people consider president GEORGE Bush to be exactly? Things HAVE improved slightly, but it's all kinda ironic to me when I think about it.

It's sad really........... mad peeps fought a war and died over 200 years ago to stop somethin from happenin, so that it could just start happenin all over again about a hundred years later. I wonder when da US government will go too far and piss of the american people to da point where we have yet another revolutionary war?

So basically the Americans didn't like having an overall government which they had little control over. Fair enough.

Of course, we British can still stick to the view that you would have got fair government in time anyway. So the War of Independance comes down to a excercise in speeding up the spread of democracy to the colonies. There are plenty of worse reasons for wars I suppose.

cph said:

So basically the Americans didn't like having an overall government which they had little control over. Fair enough.

Of course, we British can still stick to the view that you would have got fair government in time anyway. So the War of Independance comes down to a excercise in speeding up the spread of democracy to the colonies. There are plenty of worse reasons for wars I suppose.

Wars are great for the economy, that is why America starts a war almost every 20 years.

Stupid terrorists, making americans crazy about security this 4th of july. o well, at least they didn't cancel any celebrations near me, did that happen to anyone here?

gatewatcher said:

Stupid terrorists, making americans crazy about security this 4th of july. o well, at least they didn't cancel any celebrations near me, did that happen to anyone here?

No Mr.BOYSAHOY, no celebrations were cancelled in our area.

"He has erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harass our people, and eat out their substance."

"He has kept among us, in times of peace, Standing Armies without the consent of our legislatures."

"He has combined with others to subject us to a jurisdiction foreign to our constitution and unacknowledged by our laws; giving his Assent to their Acts of pretended Legislation:"

"For Quartering large bodies of armed troops among us:"

"For depriving us, in many cases, of the benefits of Trial by Jury:"

"For transporting us beyond Seas to be tried for pretended offences:"

"He has abdicated Government here, by declaring us out of his Protection and waging War against us."

"He has plundered our seas, ravaged our Coasts, burnt our towns, and destroyed the lives of our people."

"He is at this time transporting large Armies of foreign Mercenaries to compleat the works of death, desolation and tyranny, already begun with circumstances of Cruelty and perfidy scarcely paralleled in the most barbarous ages, and totally unworthy the Head of a civilized nation."

Hmmm... all of this sounds VERY familiar indeed.

Linguica's post

Nightmare's post

The usual American response "It's my ball so I am taking it home because you said I lost"

fodders said:

The usual American response "It's my ball so I am taking it home because you said I lost"

What?