Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
deldelda

Hi I'm new here, and I got a question for an old WAD.

Hi, i'm deldelda. I'm from Hell. Satan is my best friend. We eat buttered pizza together. Not really! j/k! I have a very sarcasmic nature. If any of my posts seem hard-to-grasp, think differently and their reson may come in focus.

Enough joking around. A few days a go, I sent an email to team tnt. They made a Doom .exe (this was before WADs were made) and it was, well, read my EXACT letter to them. Copied word-for-word, it is! No, I'm acting like Yoda again. Oh well, here goes:

Hello, i am An Anonymous Visitor, and I am very impressed with team tnt's website. your levels are amazing! but alas, a wad has been lost. or more precise, a .exe file.

a few years back, like in 1997 or something, I was at yahoo.com, searching for doom II wads. I happened to stumble upon your site. I saw a wad humorously entitled "Doom iii:Mr. Smiley Goes on Safari" or similar title. So I downloaded it, and played it. I was shocked! The levels, enemies, guns, and items, were all hilarious. I LOVED IT!

but every good thing must come to an end. for a month later my computer got really screwed and the doom III game was lost. I have tried searching all over the intenet, and on your site too, ever since, but to this day, I still cannot find that ""doom 3 Mr smiley goes on safari"" wad.

I have searched your site archives, but they only go back to summer 1998. i knew this file was made many years before so. i gave up hope for a while.

then i saw a "Doom 3" update on the internet, probably a gaming site like gamefaqs or doomworld. all of a sudden, it all came back to me. the memories i had playing all the versions of doom i had. so i went back and made a chacklist of all the doom games i owned. as i re-conquered each one, i checked them off the list.

my checklist was complete. except for a certain doom 3 wad i had downloaded a few years ago. it was called "Doom III: Mr. Smiley Goes on Safari". I searched my hard drive (this was many years later, I had completely forgotten about the crash) and nothing came up. my checklist has gone with one empty square ever since.

and ever since yesterday, I had forgotten about Team TnT. I didn't remember who they were. They (you) were the makers of Doom III: Mr. Smiley such-and-such! yesterday I had nearly given up hope when I stumbled upon the doomworld forums by a link off of another message board. there was the topic entitled: Help me, I lost old doom 3 wad".

I checked it out. Mr_Nick, the topic author, also went through my predicament! he had lost the Doom 3 Mr. Smiley WAD! all the other replies, like ten or fifteen, said "I remember playing that too, but as well, I lost." or "My friend used to have it. Then he moved away." etc. etc.

I was on a mission to find this site! so I visited three other doom message boards, and finally i found a link to your site, the same link as many years ago. My heart nearly jumped out of my throat! for I knew now who you were. Team TnT were the makers of my long-lost Doom III: Mr. Smiley Goes on Safari Wad. Yes, it all came back to me. So I searched your archives.

Nothing. The only doom 3 I found was Doom 3: Eternal Doom. I must request now that you send me the link or original .exe file (it was not technically a WAD, but a totally copied and edited doom version) to Doom 3: Mr. Smiley Goes on Safari.

If you need a reminder, this is what I remember:

GUNS. Bat, Chicken launcher, egg bomb.
ENEMIES. snowman, smiley face, barney, power ranger.
LEVELS. star wars, guy's house, a maze named "Puberty"

There were three Episodes. Can you guys lend me a hand? even if you can't, please reply. I want to know if this game is in your old records.

My email: Corky591@aol.com I will check back every two days to see if you replied. thank you for your time.

I mailed them this about two weeks ago, and never got a reply. I mailed them again just four days ago. No reply. Can someone help out my n00biness and tell me

1. If they (you) have ever played this Doom 3: Mr. Smiley Goes on Safari

2. Why they (Team TnT) haven't replied

3. How they (you) treat n00bs, and how long it takes for me to get "un-n00bified"?

I am a regular at many other message boards, having usually between 1,000-2,000 posts. I may be a n00b tomorrow, but watch me as I grow and conquer all the world! Sorry, getting sarcasmic again.

Two times in one post. Must be a new record! :D

1)I've never played it
2)Like all mappers, they are lazy (just kidding)
3)As long as you don't act all retarded then you'll get along fine.

two replies that fast! dang. oh well, thanks anyway. but that doesn't mean for others to reply.

Edit: three replies!

How can he have a newbie? I still don't understand. Oh wait... did you mean YOU'RE ?

This is like my fourth post. that makes me a n00b. n00b mena snewbie, if that's what you mean.

Edit: Man, ppl reply "hella fast" here! :o

deldelda said:

This is like my fourth post. that makes me a n00b. n00b mena snewbie, if that's what you mean.

Edit: Man, ppl reply "hella fast" here! :o

I do especially

God of Spam

ppl reply "hella fast" here! :o

it must be happy hour or something......it usually takes a couple of hours. But that's fast to in my opinion

EvisceratoR said:

it must be happy hour or something......it usually takes a couple of hours. But that's fast to in my opinion

I'm usually around all day and all night, so I usually reply to threads that need to be replied to.

I don't need much sleep, three hours does me in fine. :D

BTW Why are smilies locked in this forum?

deldelda said:

Because smilies are evil.

deldelda said:

Smilies have a way of making a forum not-so-serious. Also it adds a very lame atmosphere.

Linguica ... right. I really wish they were back on, because on my other boards, I just typed ":D" and expected it to turn into a smilie.

WeLL aT LEaSt Vb cOdE Is oN!!!

w00t!!! :D

Shaviro said:

Smilies have a way of making a forum not-so-serious. Also it adds a very lame atmosphere.

:) :( :P =:) =:( =) =( :/ :\ :| >:) >:( >:| :-D :D :O :o >:O :? :->

bigbadgangsta said:

yeah well. I'm thinking of the graphical ones. The text ones are 1337 and they don't overstimulate the members :P

lololololololololol! rotflmmfaoayb!

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

woohoo this is fun!

I remember someone in the Wads and Mods section asking about this same wad once. I think someone else who hangs out there may have actually had it also. Try asking there.

deldelda said:

woohoo this is fun!

May I give you a little word of advice? Calm down or you won't last a minute in this place. Spam is the key to getting ignored.

bigbadgangsta said:

Ahh!!! stop! Im being overstimulated!!!

deldelda said:

woohoo this is fun!

Please note that I normally delete posts like this, so. Please post worthwhile things only and don't spam like BBG! :P

Automatic smilies are extremely annoying if you're trying to make a list or something, up to 7) you're okay, then you get to 8) and you've got a f**king smilie :|