Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
FireFish

Militarization the perfect solution for paranoia [sarcasm]

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/06/14/world/europe/us-poised-to-put-heavy-weaponry-in-east-europe.html?_r=0

The U.S. wants to send some military gear, and men, over to eastern Europe while feeding on their age old fear... the Russians. Together they play the NATO alliance card.

Putin makes a lot of sense in the following quote, the most of them all ;

In an interview before a visit to Italy this week, Mr. Putin dismissed fears of any Russian attack on NATO.

“I think that only an insane person and only in a dream can imagine that Russia would suddenly attack NATO,” he told the newspaper Corriere Della Sera. “I think some countries are simply taking advantage of people’s fears with regard to Russia.”

Piper Maru said:

We gotta figure out what those Russians are up to.

sovereignty

bytor said:

sovereignty

They've had it since the fall of the Tatar occupation and certainly expressed it through centuries of boarder expansions. Remember, Russia started off as a small western European country and broadened it's boards immensely at a unprecedented rate, conquering Turkestan and the Caucasus.

nxGangrel said:

Oh dear. Did Obama find Russians of mass destruction?

Haha, i see what you did there.

nxGangrel said:

Oh dear. Did Obama find Russians of mass destruction?

You don't have to look very hard for that in any Russian supermarket....

It might be odd, but lately it feels as if the western military world wants world war 3 to happen, or at least a war just to test their latest weapons, and to spy on the abbility of so called 'alies', or to act macho and brag about having the biggest balls.

Making bold military moves against anything which might respond to it does not register in my mind as having a passive self defence force, but as an active war machine looking for war. And the E.U. is picking up on this behaviour, if not feeding it, as they clearly are investing in the entire military game and playing the games in public and beyond.

Lucky us Putin seems to be a rational man, its almost as if he is laughing at the west for acting like that.

Crazy ammo is a side effect of all this cold war rehash stuff. A good example is the 7.62x54r, among other stuff, that might be cut off from Russia in time. Factory 188 still makes it and it's good shit. Good thing I stocked up, also good thing other countries have huge stockpiles of the stuff. If you enjoy boom, get some. Instead of spending $500 on not so legal fireworks I can spend it on much more legal ammo and legal exploding targets.

"Oddly" lots of Bulgarian, Romanian and other old comm bloc stock from the late cold war has been on the market. As if those countries are selling it to a huge market in exchange for something. Factor in the recent strong dollar and fuck yea..... I have scored Bulgarian tins from the 1980's for as low as $50! That is $50 for a big ass tin of ammo! $130 for a crate of 2 cans. Prices like that haven't been seen for over a decade. You HAVE to talk directly to importers and you HAVE to wait, but it's worth it. Average internet prices trickle up to $75-$115 a tin to your door, still worth it.

The guns are another issue. I hope more surplus trickles in. If you don't own a M91/30 or any version of the mosin-nagant rifle, get one. Still plenty around. Is it the perfect gun? No, but you really can't beat what it has to offer. After all, it was good enough for the best snipers in the world and a huge chunk of the Russian army in WW II. You never know what will come in on import. Another cool fact, each sealed ammo tin is a time capsule and each gun is history that you can hold.

On the commercial side I have noticed a lot of ammo coming from eastern and central European countries. Good stuff if you know what to look for, crap if you aren't aware of a few things.

J.B.R said:

Honestly for me, Putin is much better than Obama.

I don't know about better, but Putin is definitely more of a bad ass.

...ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!

FireFish said:

It might be odd, but lately it feels as if the western military world wants world war 3 to happen, or at least a war just to test their latest weapons, and to spy on the abbility of so called 'alies', or to act macho and brag about having the biggest balls.

Yes, at the exact same time two secretive treaties are being negotiated that will establish a new corporate order that is higher than government. Interesting timing if you ask me.

Russia is being alienated because they won't play that game.

FireFish said:

[url]The U.S. wants to send some military gear, and men, over to eastern Europe while feeding on their age old fear... the Russians. Together they play the NATO alliance card.

Oh, I see. It's the NATO feeding our fears. Not Russians driving wedges into Ukraine, Georgia, Moldovia. Iskander ballistic missiles in Kaliningrad? That's just pure defensive measure, clearly NATO is in the wrong. Tactical bombers with nuclear payload stationed in the recently conquered Crimea? Shut up, NATO is wrong.

While I feel uneasy about the gears of militarization picking up pace and generals starting to talk more than politicians, I'm completely flabbergasted by bleeding heart Westerners who idealize Russia's part in the entire budding conflict. Yes, they're on the defensive in the overall geopolitical struggle, but that doesn't mean they have the right to reconquer what "was theirs". They should be the leading Slavic nation, not the strongarming hegemon. I'll take Yanks over Russkies, kthx.

And above all I'm disgusted by the adoration of Putin. Interestingly, that's where right wingers with brown edges come in. They're fascinated by this strongarming macho dude and his massive PR campaign and I'm like what. He's a clown and his main strategy is intimidation. He tried to get psychological edge on Merkel by feeding her fear of dogs by bringing some to their negotiation room. He always comes late to meetings making his partners wait to throw them off balance. He made the pope wait for an hour, heh. He's an opportunistic KGB apparatchik and his enemies end up dead, lately Boris Nemtsov. I don't understand how anyone would want such a man fouling their country's politics.

Also I'm from the country that was the first victim of the pre-ww2 appeasement policy. Guess what, that shit didn't work.

Well thats the main problem... You can act tough all you want but if you meet your match things could get heathed. Both sides need to cool down instead of building up towards this theoretical impending conflict. One must also not forget that the current concflcits around russia started to heat up again with the recent SEPERATISTS swaying their weapons and acting like a hard boiled militia.

Imagine an armed force suddenly taking over nevada while using brute force in an attempt to become a part of Canada. Its the same concept, and such an ordeal re-awkened all this attention 'against' russia.

Quasar said:

Yes, at the exact same time two secretive treaties are being negotiated that will establish a new corporate order that is higher than government. Interesting timing if you ask me.

Russia is being alienated because they won't play that game.

I would love to see what happenes when they push to hard and cause the gas export to europe to shut down. This litle nation already had a big hit against its Pear (fruit) production because somebody somewhere decided to not import them anymore when they had enough of the EU.

dew said:

Oh, I see. It's the NATO feeding our fears. Not Russians driving wedges into Ukraine, Georgia, Moldovia. Iskander ballistic missiles in Kaliningrad? That's just pure defensive measure, clearly NATO is in the wrong. Tactical bombers with nuclear payload stationed in the recently conquered Crimea? Shut up, NATO is wrong.

While I feel uneasy about the gears of militarization picking up pace and generals starting to talk more than politicians, I'm completely flabbergasted by bleeding heart Westerners who idealize Russia's part in the entire budding conflict. Yes, they're on the defensive in the overall geopolitical struggle, but that doesn't mean they have the right to reconquer what "was theirs". They should be the leading Slavic nation, not the strongarming hegemon. I'll take Yanks over Russkies, kthx.

And above all I'm disgusted by the adoration of Putin. Interestingly, that's where right wingers with brown edges come in. They're fascinated by this strongarming macho dude and his massive PR campaign and I'm like what. He's a clown and his main strategy is intimidation. He tried to get psychological edge on Merkel by feeding her fear of dogs by bringing some to their negotiation room. He always comes late to meetings making his partners wait to throw them off balance. He made the pope wait for an hour, heh. He's an opportunistic KGB apparatchik and his enemies end up dead, lately Boris Nemtsov. I don't understand how anyone would want such a man fouling their country's politics.

Also I'm from the country that was the first victim of the pre-ww2 appeasement policy. Guess what, that shit didn't work.

Say, there, maaan. American's shouldn't have murdered a huge mass of Native Americans and claimed Land as if they're god. The people of Crimea voted, and a strong, fearless leader listened to the people! Western War hawks/bankers are drooling for more war. Uber Alles Mother Russia!

dew said:

Some would take a intelligent autocrat over a masked corporatocracy any day.

FireFish said:

Imagine an armed force suddenly taking over nevada while using brute force in an attempt to become a part of Canada. Its the same concept, and such an ordeal re-awkened all this attention 'against' russia.

I'm hoping one day we'll take over Greenland in this fasion. I mean, we could probably conquer it before the population even noticed.

So Putin is the good guy now?

Morons!

Seeing what Russia did in Ukraine I think the fear in some countries that were invaded once by Russia and had to suffer from it for half a century is fully understandable.

No, I don't think that Putin is dumb enough to attack NATO, but that doesn't mean that some preemptive measures shouldn't be taken.

Russian propaganda seems so outrageous and so blatant it seems unbelievable anybody would fall for it, but it works. They've bitten the jugular by catering to conspiracy theorists, "anti-imperialists", and other loonies, and it works extremely well.

Here's what the two leading presidential candidates have to say in their view of Russia.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/06/10/politics/jeb-george-bush-russia-putin/

Jeb Bush has not said exactly how he would handle Putin if elected president, but he did say Thursday that the U.S. needs to step up its military presence in Eastern Europe to support allies like Poland.

businessinsider.com/hillary-clinton--russia-and-the-reset-2015-6#ixzz3dGrEBJy5

"I was among the most skeptical of Putin during the time that I was there, in part because I thought he had never given up on his vision of bringing 'Mother Russia' back to the forefront," Clinton told CBS. "I think that what may have happened is that both the United States and Europe were really hoping for the best from Putin as a returned president, and I think we've been quickly, unfortunately, disabused of those hopes"... Earlier this week, former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush (R) took a swipe at Clinton, and said that the US has to take a harder line on Russia.

J.B.R said:

Honestly for me, Putin is much better than Obama.

Well I might not agree with everything Putin does, but at least he does have a pair of brass balls unlike Obummer...

Sephiroth said:

The guns are another issue. I hope more surplus trickles in. If you don't own a M91/30 or any version of the mosin-nagant rifle, get one. Still plenty around. Is it the perfect gun? No, but you really can't beat what it has to offer. After all, it was good enough for the best snipers in the world and a huge chunk of the Russian army in WW II. You never know what will come in on import. Another cool fact, each sealed ammo tin is a time capsule and each gun is history that you can hold.

Lol the mosin-nagant is such a mass produced cheapass 7.62mm rifle. It usually costs no more than $90-120 US dollars to purchase one. Though, I'm not a big fan of bolt action rifles. I would rather get an 7.62 semiautomatic AK variant than the obsolete nagant. Once I move out of NJ (which I hope soon) I'll definitely get myself that rifle just for the hell of it. From what I heard the nagant is a fairly accurate rifle and good for hunting.

Any nation has something to be ashamed of in their history, both recent or in the past. Its just funny to see how some are so easy to anger or upset by not chosing a side at all. The U.S. vs Cuba, belgium and congo, the U.K. and their seperatists, and some are still not completely settled.

i just find it kind of funny to see people answer with such biting comments at those not chosing any side. Not chosing a side and just commenting obviously means one idolizes putin.

I just hope the behind the scenes action does not go to far, i do not feel like experiencing anything close to a full cold or (pun) boiling war.

They have a rocket, which off course is reason enough for panic behind the scenes.

Honestly FireFish, I don't want to pick any side because I just don't think the US should be sticking their nose into anymore foreign affairs. We got problems of our own in my country that should be top prioritized over some of issues going on in East Europe.

Meh, politics as usual with west vs. east. We did this in the 50s through 80s, can we not do it again?

Glaice said:

Meh, politics as usual with west vs. east. We did this in the 50s through 80s, can we not do it again?

Agreed