Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Purp

Zone Doom!! Where is it?

I keep trying to find a game on the zone but there are never any around. Am I right in thinking that they are in the "Action games" room in Zonelan? I just had a look in "The Craft of War" room and asked a Warcraft 2 bum (I'm calling him that even though I play War2 BNE) about it. He said that Doom games go on in "Action games" but nobody ever plays Doom (he didn't just mean at the Zone, he meant no-one ever plays Doom at all, so I him he was completely wrong and told him about Doomworld and everything). Does this mean that Zone Doomers are just as rare as Doom Connector Doomers?

Yes, the url is http://zone.msn.com/zonelan from which you enter the Action Games room (log in to hotmail or passport first). Unfortunately, most newbies haven't yet noticed how superiour the original doom2.exe is to all the ports, so you usually won't find those players on the Zone.

Boo-frickin'-hoo, I can't jump, I can't mouselook, I can't use 2048x1536 resolution, I can't launch the game by just one doubleclick, and DOS scares me! Well, guess what! Welcome to DooM!

MaTT, Just keep trying, and you will find people like me, DevastatioN, Erik_Alm, Titan, Raiderr, SlummyJarda0, OgreSlayer, Altima_Mantoid, TornTheDark, Sslasher, and others on the Zone.

N.C.

Right, thanks. Yeah, I didn't make the thread subject very clear. I know where to look, I just don't find people there when I go. I've seen Erik and you (nc) there before but I didn't play a game. Come to think of it, I'm sure Devastation was there last night, but I didn't realise he was a Doomer. Now I remember hearing his name before and I'm realizing how dumb I am, heh.

Don't worry, I don't care about freelook and jumping and stuff. I mean I like it, but I don't mind not having it. And what you said about people moaning because they can't launch the game by one double-click and they're scared of DOS - don't worry, I'm not one of them. I don't even use my desktop. The last few weeks I've been using command.com as my win98 shell along with Explorer.exe. I only use Explorer.exe for the taskbar - I use the DOS prompt ("Console" to me) to load everything. Heh, I know I'm strange :B

Ah, yep. I've been doing most of my file managing in MS-DOS or in MS-DOS Command Prompt windows for some 14 years now myself. I love it.

I'm sure the whole ZoneLAN gang would love to play you. But watch out, several of the people I listed are pretty badassed deathmatchers. :}

On the other hand, playing players better than oneself is just the right thing to do if one wants to improve.

When I started playing on DoomServ (over 2 years ago), fodders was kicking my ass approximately 100-30 all the time. Eventually beating him for the first time was a huge victory for me. :}

Beating up on totally crappy newbies is actually pretty useless. It might be good for a laugh every now and then, but it won't do much good to your skills.

N.C.

fodders said:

Before you play there, remember guys like NC and Ocelot are scary

Yeah, you said before that all the best doomers use the Zone.

nc_ds said:

Ah, yep. I've been doing most of my file managing in MS-DOS or in MS-DOS Command Prompt windows for some 14 years now myself. I love it.

Yeah, I dunno why but I prefer typing in commands to double-clicking icons.

nc_ds said:

I'm sure the whole ZoneLAN gang would love to play you. But watch out, several of the people I listed are pretty badassed deathmatchers. :}.

Heh, I'm not exactly the best doomer, so you'll probably get pretty bored playing me.

nc_ds said:

On the other hand, playing players better than oneself is just the right thing to do if one wants to improve.

Good, that's exactly what I want to do.

nc_ds said:

When I started playing on DoomServ (over 2 years ago), fodders was kicking my ass approximately 100-30 all the time. Eventually beating him for the first time was a huge victory for me. :}

Heh, fod beats me 50-49 when he joins and I'm already on 40, so in other words he beats me 50-9, lol.

nc_ds said:

Beating up on totally crappy newbies is actually pretty useless. It might be good for a laugh every now and then, but it won't do much good to your skills.

Heh, I know, it's funny when you have 50 frags and the other two players have 3 and 5 frags, especially when you're as crap as me, lol.

Sorry for quoting your whole post. You'll find out that I never shut up in games either, although it won't be as bad in doom2.exe because I won't be able to use all my chat macros. I know you can use them, but I mean ones, for example, where you just press L to say LOL. I wish I hadn't shown Punaxe how to use them.

In the earlier days, the top UK Doomers Danny Lancashire Macca MickT Dunk Nightcrawler DOMiNiON VKiller all whooped my ass 50- minus 3 :)

lol, bloody hell.

I just been playing a 4-player game with Erik, TorntheDark and a variable fourth player (Liam the Bard, Spude, nc...). The frag limit was 25 and in some games I ended with only 1 frag, lol, and in one I think I ended with none. In a few games I was top for about the first half and then dropped to the bottom and stayed there. Damnit, why do I always drop towards the end?

Because I kick your ass... :D
Remember our 1on1 fight? 21 - 50 to me, heh...

TorntheDark said:

Because I kick your ass... :D
Remember our 1on1 fight? 21 - 50 to me, heh...

Heh, ssshhhhhh! But you are a Zoner, so I can't be expected to do well :)

hmmm, zone is nice, but it is laggy. But still, no bugs in doom2 like these in zdaemon. See you on zone

Yeah, I just posted something about the bugs in the GreenWar.wad thread.
See ya on the Zone, where you can kick my ass over and over again.