Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
doom_is_great

New Doom article

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/new-doom-for-xbox-one-ps4-pc-won-t-be-easy-bethesd/1100-6428235/

According to Marty, Doom will be a hard game and it only looked easy because the guy playing it was really good at the particular areas that were demoed.

Another interesting quote reads:

"Stratton further explained that the new Doom has open areas that don't force you to take on bad guys in any specific way. Enemies move through the environment all on their own (by jumping, flying, and climbing), using the traversal system from another id Software action game, Rage.

'There was no trickery,' Stratton said about the E3 demo. 'Even in moments that kind of feel like, 'Oh, that might have been scripted.' Enemies can move through the environment in really unique ways.'"

doom_is_great said:

According to Marty, Doom will be a hard game and it only looked easy because the guy playing it was really good at the particular areas that were demoed.

the guy playing it was really good at the particular areas that were demoed.

really good at the particular areas

really good

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

No, but seriously, he kept missing a countless amount of times, shooting walls before monsters, hitting himself in the face with rockets, letting Imps scratch at him, while ignoring them and going for the Mancubus, etc.
If they hadn't locked the health minimum at 10, he would have died COUNTLESS times, and the game looked easy as shit, he was just bad.
Not to say that the game looks bad, it looks great, but now I'm worried that such a low level of difficulty will be considered hard.

That's encouraging.

The guy was definitely not "good" at the game though LOL. Not saying he was bad, what I'm saying is those parts of the game looked extremely easy since the monsters just kinda stood around a little. Those areas were probably dumbed down significantly just to show off the gore and stuff that was possible without being distracted by trying to stay alive.

OK, then again my roommate was once talking about how friggin easy doom looked while I was playing a slaughter map! I'm making it look easy, I dare you to try this!

I read the article. This quote right here makes me very excited:

"There was no trickery," Stratton said about the E3 demo. "Even in moments that kind of feel like, 'Oh, that might have been scripted.' Enemies can move through the environment in really unique ways."

Art director Hugo Martin added, "No two people play through it the same."