Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
LANEGRACABRA

who are the white uniform humans?

They clearly arent marines so Im guessing security personnel. Anyone else think the gun monsters are the possessed humans and sort of tier 1 undead gunners? Could also be foundry workers judging by the laser beam weapons.

Hopefully a strategy guide with the lore will come out. IN fact, I'd say it'd be net if the whole story was contained to manuals and strat-guides, while the rest is up to the player to figure out in-game. I remember an interview of Doom's story director in an old Game Informer magazine, but he didn't reveal any details. I think he may have also been the guy who did the story that actually got cancelled, so who knows who is handling the current story.

scifista42 said:

Former scientists / engineers from department of experimental weapon research?

That just so happen to be in a steel / titanium mill. Well I guess people wander around.

Classic Doom puts the same common enemies all over everywhere, without too much thought about suitability. It's not that uncommon thing in games, really. They might introduce these enemies in a lab-themed level and then feel free to fill the rest of the game with them, even though there are no labs anymore. I would take it, specially if it adds to gameplay.

Well you didn't pay enough attention....those dudes are very similar to authority muties from Rage than some quake grunts. Very close! Also pay attention that they have plenty of like 1 to 1 ark survivor suit design from Rage)))

First thing I thought of were the white suits for the pilots of Gipsy Danger in Pacific Rim... heh. Maybe they're Jaeger pilots who've been in the Drift for too long.

Or just... other soldiers, guards, and scientists who just happen to be there.

And this should not be surprise considering Hugo Martin was Pacific Rim's artist))

They look like they've been warped. Probably an affect of the teleportation tech and/or Hell influencing its surrounding. Explains why some bad guys have cybernetics.

Yeah it really looks like part of the plot will be people mutating into the monsters. No doubt due to experiments or Hell exposure within this Argent facility. Some things I noticed that might support this:

-The zombie things, some have mutated to have one single cycloptic eye, matching the new Cacodemon and Mancubus. The ones with the laserguns embedded in their arm, if you watch the Hell segment you see similar humanoid demons with arm cannons (they have small horns and orange glowing highlights), maybe they are related?

-The Cacodemon's vestigial arms could be leftovers from the transformation.

-The bulkier zombies also have weird mutated heads similar to the Imp and Hellknight. You could imagine the transformation goes from human to imp to hellknight.

-You can tranform into Revenant using a powerup.

-Similar plot features in the Doom movie.

Then again they might just look similar to be creepy and keep a unified style. Will be nice to get a closer look at more of the baddies.