Global Death----Fury of the Void---- A multiple map exit Wad WIP

What do you think about this wad?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think about this wad?

• I like the multiple path and ending idea
    • I liked episode one so I cant wait for episode two
    • Revamped episode one? Bring it on!
    • I love most of the maps but some need work
    • This wad is okay but needs more unique Things.
    • I dont like this wad, GTFO!!

This is the second episode to my wad Global Death Ruins of Humanity.
You can find that wad and check it out here.
http://www.doomworld.com/idgames/index.php?file=levels/doom2/Ports/g-i/gde1roh.zip

This episode like the first one will have multiple paths and endings to ensure that every playthrough is different. In this episode you will see new enemies and items, as well as a quake like episode system. Most maps will have 1-4 map exits that lead to totally different maps.

When I release this wad for testing, there will also be a revamped episode one with more challenges and even more maps. For those who thought episode one was too easy will be pleased to know that it will be much more challenging now.

Episode two will be an all void episode which will have many different themes and strange looking architecture. Some maps will also now have three of four different map exits rather than just two max.

More update will come soon, thanks for reading.

Hey man, this is a very cool idea. I've always like the multiple path stuff. Just a thought, for those people who don't like the different ending type stuff, including a marathon mode where you go to all the maps might be good to implement.

Great work on episode one, can't wait for two!

Thanks, oh and I fixed the episode 1 link.
Enjoy!

@general Rainbow Bacon With the Quake hub i'm making, a Marathon mode is totally possible.

It is time for me to turn into a necromancer and update my project, today I have made a lot of progress on map01. I totally redid map01 because I hated how it looked and played.

here are some screenshots =D

Update!!

Some more screenshots and also I will be making a version of this wad that will have a classic doom style map progression for those who want to play more maps back to back rather than fewer maps but multiple paths(this will mainly be for multiplayer). How the alternate version of this wad will work is it wont matter which exit you take because you will get to play every single map in this wad, however map progression will remain the same like for example map01 will lead to one map02 map then that map02 map will lead to another map02 map. Once you finish all the map02 maps you will then go to map03 maps and so on and so forth, this also means you get to play all the boss maps.

New screenshots!

For those who are confused on how this wad works I decided to give a quick example on how it works.

As you can see map01 can lead to 3 totally different maps. Don't worry you are not locked out of going to the other 2 maps if you find a map exit before the others, you can always backtrack from where ever you are in the map. The first map isn't the only map that acts like this but instead almost every map does the same thing, keep in mind there will be a few maps that only have 1 exit. Each map will have a theme similar to that of the exit you decided to take, so keep that in mind when choosing between which exits to take.
Not every exit will be equally as hard or rewarding as any other exit, some exits can be easy to get to and skip a big chunk of the map but could lead to very hard maps where as harder to reach exits doesn't mean the next map will be harder or more item rewarding.

Hopefully this explains more about how this wad will play.

Okay map01 is basically done. There might be some minor tweaks here and there and a few more details in certain areas but other then that it is done.

here are some updated map01 screenshots.

Now time to work on the three map02 maps that map01 can exit to.

Sorry I havnt updated this post in awhile, my work has been very demanding of my time and thus I havnt had much time to get on the computer.

Here is a screenshot update.

This is looking great. Your architecture reminds me of a lot of the good mods people have made for Quake 1 in recent years.

Misalignments everywhere, yay. Your screenshots mostly show same-y styled fully abstract areas without distinctive landmarks or places of interest in them. That's OK and looks good, just never truly "exciting". I also think that more ceiling/floating structures with more actual height variation (and possibly better overall lighting work) would positively add to the immersion. Your current 3D floor usage looks "artificial" at first sight (crude flat blocks), and thus amateurish and spoiling the immersion.

Eh I dunno, it's a very cool visual theme, I love abstract map design; in particular that last screenshot really appeals to me. Just make sure you've got the gameplay to back it up!

mmmm Looks cool,going to try this out. I love weird shit in doom and your screenshots show plenty of it.

scifista42 said:

Misalignments everywhere, yay. Your screenshots mostly show same-y styled fully abstract areas without distinctive landmarks or places of interest in them. That's OK and looks good, just never truly "exciting". I also think that more ceiling/floating structures with more actual height variation (and possibly better overall lighting work) would positively add to the immersion. Your current 3D floor usage looks "artificial" at first sight (crude flat blocks), and thus amateurish and spoiling the immersion.

Thanks for the tips, I shall work on those things.