Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
zinkai

btsx textures

any 1 know where I can get the texture pack/s for btsx? I checked realm 667 an found nothing.

More like why should people use resources specifically for a project, when that project isn't actually finished? The textures are for BTSX, therefore they should be used for BTSX first, then it can be used by other people.
I don't allow use of my revilution midis before that project is done for the same reasons.

Ah so there's the reason. Shame I'll have to wait, they are some good textures. Nice q2 feel to them

Memfis said:

Are they afraid that someone will release a better Episode 3 before them?

Yes. :(

What's the difference between the texture pack and opening the 2nd episode in a lump editor, deleting all the maps, music, sprites, gfx, etc. Except the pallete, patches, markers, pnames, and texture1?

If you really want the textures, you can get them. You can expect to get beat up by half the doom community though.

The resources are still in development, and the complete set is larger than what's in e1 or e2. I'm eagerly looking forward to seeing other people using them, but be patient, please :)

Is it allowed to release maps that are supposed to work with available BtSX installments? Like that:

sourceport.exe -file btsx_e2.wad mywad.wad

esselfortium said:

The resources are still in development, and the complete set is larger than what's in e1 or e2. I'm eagerly looking forward to seeing other people using them, but be patient, please :)

I'm looking forward to see E3 also for this.

@Da Werecat: That's cheating :P Please don't. (I also can't realistically guarantee that 100% of the same textures will all be present in the much-delayed future releases of e1 and e2.)

esselfortium said:

I'm still eagerly waiting to abuse those resources in 3d sectors. :)

Here are some BTSX-inspired textures, and since they're not actually BTSX textures you can use them already.

(There's a lot less textures than in BTSX, however. No guarantee you'll find a rough equivalent of that one BTSX texture you wanted to use.)