Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
roadworx

What was the DM map you loved to play back in the day?

Sadly, I wasn't around back in the day; I was born too late. I just want to know what you guys played.

wupass1.zip: it's not showy or flashy or anything but it has IMHO a great structure, with some verticality that still works in doom and good use of space.

a1-snipe.zip is quite large but fun to explore in DM with friends and has some clever geometry.

All those hours spent in the very first deathmatch map of shareware Rise of the Triad... oh wait, I guess you were talking about Doom. It was in early 2000's, because I was also "born late".

A handful of Dwango maps, especially Dwango6 map01

Lots of Greenwar maps - I remember when GW was brand new, it hasn't lost any popularity whatsoever.

Oh, UDM3 as well, I remember when that first came out I was blown away. Still love that wad too.

Doomkid said:

Lots of Greenwar maps - I remember when GW was brand new, it hasn't lost any popularity whatsoever.

Wait, when did GW come out?

Late 2001 or perhaps 2002, if I recall. I was a 10 year old newb back then. Memmmoriiies ♫

SavageCorona said:

Dwango Map01

I have simple tastes.

Well, I hope you're happy, because the servers are FILLED with that map :D

Seriously though, that is a really fun map.

I WAS born "back in the day", but computer networks weren't really a commodity so I didn't get a chance to test Doom back "when it mattered".

However, I also like Dwango5 Map01 the best :D

Even though "my day" is more like yesterday, I can say that I used to play Awesome Panda DM and Duel32 more than anything else, typically in matches set up with some Skype pals. I haven't actually been playing much lately, I think I'm gonna try to rectify that soon.