Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dsm

Return to dsm's art gallery

My timing is *almost* decent.
I've recently begun my Wolfenstein story and now look what I've drawn :-P

Just click on the pic for a larger view.

If things have worked out like I've planned, I would've been able to put this up at least a week ago, making my timing better, but things did not go the way I planned as deviantart had a minor server problem :-(

I have to confess that this drawing did not turn out the way I had hoped - apart from the things I've mentioned in the 'description' field below the pic, I also intended to make the background pitch black. But after spending about one hour (I think it ultimately amounted to one hour) working the background over with my pencil, I had enough - too damn boring and uninspiring, so I left it like that.

Maybe I just don't have the right pencil type...

Well I like it, the pencil background is interesting, it kind of makes it look like heavy rain falling on Bavaria! Prima!

quite nice.. you still need to learn a bit about the musscle structures and proportions.. but it looks cool

HAMMER-STROKE said:

quite nice.. you still need to learn a bit about the musscle structures and proportions.. but it looks cool

Muscle structures? How?
Take into consideration that his arms are viewed from forward to backwards, making his upper arms seem a little more "close together" - the main problem with the perspective is the way I drew the pistols.

Looks awesome, dsm. The detail is unreal. I can't draw people like that. I'm better at drawing stuff like weapons, items, vehicles, etc.

dsm said:

Muscle structures? How?
Take into consideration that his arms are viewed from forward to backwards, making his upper arms seem a little more "close together" - the main problem with the perspective is the way I drew the pistols.

There are sites with lots of reference pictures for artists. They also sell books.

I don't need to be schooled on muscle structure - I've drawn muscular people countless times before. The muscles I've drawn in these drawings look better than they do on this drawing (I'm not used to drawing in this perspective and I daresay that a few things got screwed up here) - take a look at the other drawings in my personal galleries.
Oh yeah, and I prefer not to put too much detail into muscles apart from the basic outline (because in real life, muscles rarely look as overdetailed as they do in most games - unless we're talking big bodybuilders, and imho they're not fitting to portray a badass soldier).

It's just soo damn typical: You fail to notice all those small things until AFTER you've scanned the damn pic - now I sincerely wish that I corrected some of those mistakes before I scanned it.
I don't feel like correcting them now and reposting an improved version - I gotta move on. I've gotta a badass marine momma to complete, and after that I'll do a HeXen inspired pic.

When I draw a muscular arm, it looks rather a bunch of bubbles "sewn" together...

That's even better than my friend's Barney Death drawings. He had Barney and Baby-Bop,but Baby-Bop was killing Barney. Like Nine Inch Nails, she shot nine inch nails through a nail gun and crucified him. Sometimes he got run over, shot, hung, really funny. Got about 150 of 'em, if you can even imagine that many ways to kill somebody.

You'd be pretty nice to try our my friend's idea! He'd be flattered.

Shaviro said:

great stuff, dsm. You should get a career.

For a good career in art you need a good location and no other hobbies.

deldelda said:

That's even better than my friend's Barney Death drawings. He had Barney and Baby-Bop,but Baby-Bop was killing Barney. Like Nine Inch Nails, she shot nine inch nails through a nail gun and crucified him. Sometimes he got run over, shot, hung, really funny. Got about 150 of 'em, if you can even imagine that many ways to kill somebody.

You'd be pretty nice to try our my friend's idea! He'd be flattered.