Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tracer

What are your favorite non Doom related hobbies?

Martial arts, gardening, virus/malware removal from Windows OS, cooking/baking, drug research (harm reduction) and useage, social work, aesthetics, and creating content for other computer games.

I don't do a whole lot more than work and surf the nets these days; not even playing other games so much (mostly due to shitty computer and nothing really grabbing my attention lately). At least once every other weekend I usually get to do boardgames with my friends though!

Technician said:

drinking rum.

Since drinking is a hobby according to Technician I'm going to count it as one of mine. yay I'm less pathetic.

Drawing and arts, watching horror and action movies from the 80's and before, retro games, watching cartoons(anime included), music(usually Rock'n Roll and Metal) and lucid dreaming(I sleep so much I decided to turn it into a more or less productive hobby).

I like to act, I've been in quite a few plays in high school, I even got nominated for one of my roles as the best comedic actor, though I didn't win :(

Synthesizers; Collecting, programming, playing. I've had my hands on hundreds of pieces of music gear. In 2008, I had invested some $20,000 in musical instruments and recording gear.. mostly vintage synths. You name a poly board from the early 80s and I've probably owned one at one point or another. I sold off most of it shortly afterwards, but the bug came back and I'm spending nearly every penny that isn't spoken for on new gear. I'm really head over heels for the analog boom in recent years. I just purchased a sampler and I'm already eyeballing a rompler module for those PSX Doom soundtrack textures I'm crazy for.

VST plugins just don't do it for me - my current setup is totally independent from the computer. I'm a sucker for doing things the hard way.

-I like to cook, with the exception of frying. It's just stirring and waiting. boring.
-I like to draw. Pastels and watercolors are my favorite mediums.
-I like designing levels and bosses, that's pretty fun.
-I'd like to believe I'm a good writer, but it's been a long time so who knows.
-I like interacting with people, but not if they're all awkward about it.
-I like to philosophize to myself in my head throughout the day. I usually forget whatever it is later, though.

The problem is for most of my hobbies just doing them isn't enough, I need some reason for initiative. It needs to be a challenge, yeah?

I love board games, been playing a lot of Lost Legacy lately (which is similar to Love Letter if you've heard of it).

I also visit giantbomb and reddit way too much, and watch too many Let's Play videos on youtube.

My main hobby is game development, been working very hard on a sorta action RPG in C# for a few years now:

Well... nothing. My life is extremely boring - I'm a lazy and offish turd (temporarily). I don't even watch movies.
I like just to walk around my hometown with some beautiful music playing in my headphones. Music really impresses me and I wish I could compose myself, but I still haven't developed any composing skills. Otherwise it would be my #1 hobby.
Oh. I also enjoy reading articles about neurobiology and other stuff about human brains.

As some of you may know, I draw some Manga and Anime art while listening to random Japanese vocals, mostly, you guessed it, Yuki Takashi and post them on DeviantART.

You know us nerds like myself. I do want to improve my skills.

I also ride my bike to places, mostly Goodwill, McDonalds, and the park.

Bulk up with my 35 lb barbel while listening to heavy metal music. It fits the mood.

Epyo said:

My main hobby is game development, been working very hard on a sorta action RPG in C# for a few years now:

http://i.imgur.com/RwVk3Bs.png

Random observation: This game looks like it could have twice bigger potential to be good if everything didn't need to consist of orthogonal blocks only. Just a thought. :)

Some of mine:

Music (listening to and making it)
Movies
Vlogging
Visual arts
Travelling

A few of my hobbies include:

- Producing a sketch comedy show on YouTube.
- Creator, actor and writer for an upcoming gamer show on YouTube.
- I run a home business.
- Getting into philosophical debates.
- Researching quantum mechanics, AI, robotics, cybernetics, futurism, shamanism, drug culture, cosmology, astrophysics
- Videography
- Photography
- Illustrated and digital art
- Music production
- Drumming
- Retro gaming
- Psychedelic trips
- Spiritually guiding others when possible.
- Physical fitness
- Collecting intentionally shitty VHS tapes
- Anthropological research of music cultures (usually heavy metal, Italo, new wave and punk)

scifista42 said:

Random observation: This game looks like it could have twice bigger potential to be good if everything didn't need to consist of orthogonal blocks only. Just a thought. :)

Oh I like the orthogonal blocks only! It gives a certain predictability to the gameplay, hard to put into words. I think it could use more decoration though. Well, it could use a lot of stuff =]

Aside from playing games and maybe opening up Doom Builder and maybe few exercises or a walk... Nothing.

Yeah. I'm that dry person.

-Math
-Programming
-Electronics
-Music
-Drawing
-Cycling

I've kind of given up on drawing at this point, but I want to dedicate more time to music. Math/programming/electronics are a result of majoring in math and CS in college. Cycling is really hit-or-miss since I go through periods of extreme introversion during which I don't venture outside much.

Weight training, running, hiking, swimming, computer hardware & watercooling, cooking, wine making, reading, creative writing, live theatre, comedy, music, & concerts.

Mithran Denizen said:

I've actually had a few ideas for some doom-related accessories for myself... if anything comes from them, I'll post them alongside some of my other work as soon as I stop procrastinating on the camera situation.

Icon of Sin Embroidered Dress shirt
Shores of Hell Vest
Cacodemon Dress shoes
Knee Deep in The Dead dress pants
Arch Vile sport coat
Thy Flesh Consumed Ball Gown
Baron of Hell Top Hat and Monocle
Cyberdemon Tracksuit
Former Human Housecoat

GOGOGOGO

nxGangrel said:

Math... Not even once.

No joke, my local community college had a study area that was unironically called the "Math Lab".

Mapping is my goto hobby. Outside of that, I cook, I watch "how to" videos, and various tv series. If I'm not doing that, I'm at work or taking care of my house or just hanging out with the wifey while doing the aforementioned things.

Clonehunter said:

"The Cacodemon wiggled it's big dick erotically before pushing all twenty-three and a half inches of its length and thirteen inches girth-wise into Doomguy's nubile (?) penis hole, stretching it massively for MAX DAMAGE."

I hope fapping qualifies as a favorite hobby.

Here's a few:
-Listening to music mainly metal but I am not suited to one genre unlike most people are.
-Pubs and the occasional bit of saucy clubbing.
-Reading/researching (I often read up on true crime as I find that a very intriguing subject).
-Long walks.
-Beer (but I loathe being drunk so I try to avoid getting into that state).
-Playing guitar I have an Ibanez RGT6EXFX Chameleon 2009 model and a Peavey 80 watt studio pro.
-Films and TV, a cheeky shot of a small portion that is on my "re-watch" shelf.

There's a few more but it's just standard stuff that I have always enjoyed doing.

I forgot to mention that I also recently started collecting VHS tapes. I'm currently watching "Metallica - The " One" Videos". Pretty neat. It has interviews and three different cuts of the video. I have a classic James Bond (Dalton, Connery, and Moore) box set, a couple pantera tapes (Vulgar Videos and Cowboys From Hell "The Videos"), Billy Madison, some Simpsons tapes, Batman and Batman Returns, The Mask, Silver Bullet, Alladin, Austin Powers 1 and 2, and a tape with some families home videos that was stuck in the VCR. I have been watching that tape and I got a name from it. The mfamily that recorded it lived in my town, and it's from 1992. The name I got is of a nursing student who graduated from our local junior college's Nursing program in December of 92. So I should be able to look her up in the nursing registry and get the tape back to them.

I want to make a B rate horror film called "Blackened."

I was just sitting at work and had the idea of a small child (aged between nine and eleven) who was incredibly intelligent, but constantly tormented by his peers and ignored by his mother. His father is a deceased war hero who died before the antagonist was born. The kid had love in his heart but never knew what it felt like to be loved. The torment was daily and often physical. Usually minor bruising and small cuts at the very worst. But on his birthday, his grandmother gave him a hat that his father wore in the service. He was so proud of that hat. He wore it to school and one of his bullies tried to take it from him. Our antagonist is very Beta, Omega even. Weakling. But for the first time ever, he resisted. Then he gets ganged up on and his hat gets taken. The bullies play keep away as the boy begs, but is shown no mercy. Then one of the lesser bullies looking to make a name for himself pulls out a zippo with the symbol for Venus on it and lights the bottom of the boy's shirt on fire. They all start laughing at first. Then his shirt is quickly conflegrated and the boy screams in sheer agony as the bullies scramble. The boy is barely alive. He loses over 95% of his flesh and has lost all feeling and can no longer speak. He goes through years of rehabilitation. The bullies are never caught. During a hospital transport, the boy escapes and goes into hiding. His skingraphs make him look like a walking patch leather jacket. He silently tracks down, torments, tortures, and leaves his bullies to die.

That's all I've got so far.

This all literally just came to me like five minutes ago at work.