Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lvangundy

Doom Porsche - Possible Carmack connection?

I'm assuming this has probably never been seen because of it's obscurity, but hopefully someone knows more about this. Maybe Romero or someone can chime in.

I'm a casual car race enthusiast and was recently reading a book that highlighted Bob Norwood who was one of the biggest names in extreme racing in the 90s. I think his shop was located in Texas at the time (it is today).

We all know Texas was where we (us Doom fans) originated in a way, and I know that J. Carmack had a Ferrari that was modified in Texas - IIRC it had a turbo/twin setup. Bob Norwood's specialty was building Ferrari and Ferrari clones.

http://www.bobnorwood.com/Norwood%20Story.htm

The article states that the original was stolen and never seen again. The car was built with sponsorship money from Id - either Carmack or the company itself (article doesn't state)

What a mystery that would be to solve 20+ years later! Two more were built to replace it.

*Update I dug a little more and confirmed the Norwood - Carmack connection, so this Porsche is some byproduct of their relationship.