Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tracer

Post a picture of your favorite album cover!

I'm a huge music fan, and I'm sure most of you are as well. So let's share our favorite album covers. Now, your favorite album cover doesn't necessarily make it your favorite album. Like my favorite album cover, pictured below. I love the way it looks, but it definitely isn't my favorite Sabbath album. Not even among them. But I have always loved the way that damned baby looks. I think it's awesome that it is just an edited photo of an actual baby that was taken from an article from a magazine called "Mind Alive!" from the 1980s. It inspired me to find the photo of said baby and do my own editing to it to make my avatar.

Not only one of my favorite album covers of all time, but musically one of my favorites too. Awesome album!

Dammit, Rush. I bet if we knew each other in person we'd probably be best friends just because of our music taste alone.

Well, and Doom, of course.

TraceOfSpades said:

Dammit, Rush. I bet if we knew each other in person we'd probably be best friends just because of our music taste alone.

Well, and Doom, of course.

And hookah! Never forget hookah.

I thought this was so creepy as a kid:

This is the next one to pop into my mind but I think my memory is being influenced by seeing RUSH post here:

bytor said:

I thought this was so creepy as a kid:

I love this album cover so much too. Another one of my all-time favorite bands right there and speaking of RUSH, here's my favorite of their album covers:

I got an original of this on vinyl with a nice shiny laminate cover. Looks majestic :)

This cover looks pretty metal in and on itself, right? A metallic angel flying on a demonic bike through the ruins of earth. Simply brootal. But there's more. When you listen to the title song of the album, the lyrics claim he's faster than a laser bullet, louder than an atom bomb and brighter than a thousand suns. One time I was bored, so I decided to do a little research into this.
I've read that the human eardrum will burst at around 160 decibels, and atom bombs are around 240-260 decibels loud. Painkiller is louder than that, how much I don't know, but standing too close to him would certainly leave you deaf.
Then there's his brightness. Just staring at the sun, which is 152,600,000km(94,821,243.9 miles) away from earth during the Aphelion(Which is the point in earth's orbit where he's the farthest away from the sun) for a prolonged amount of time can cause damage to the retina. So, I'm assuming that staring at an object 1000x brighter than the sun which is just a few kilometers away from you will likely cause massive damage, if not blind you in an instant. Not to mention, I'm not a physicist, so I don't even know what kind of damage a human-sized object like the Painkiller would cause if it moved at the speed of a laser.

tl;dr: The Painkiller is fucking OP, and I need something better to do with my time

Rush, hookah indeed. I live in the Chicago suburbs and am hunkering down in my basement/bedroom sparking up my hookah as we speak.

AND FUCKING PAINKILLER! YES! I love Judas Priest. My favorite song to listen to during storms (aside from the entire Ride the Lightning album) is Loch ness off of the Angel of Retribution album.

Unsurprisingly, I really like the collages on a lot of Robert Pollard's bands' album covers.

The Cubehouse cover uses cutouts of people who look like they could be a band. I might be seeing things, but I'm pretty sure the kid on the left has a third eye.

Standard Gargoyle Decisions' cover art is both creepy and kind of hilarious and I love it.

TraceOfSpades said:

Come on! Do it!

It's literally an autopsy collage, which I'm pretty sure violates the "No NSFW" rule.

This two are come to mind:

Spoiler

Obsidian, you can post a link or post image within spoiler tag.