Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Nefhril

DooM (4) Pictures

Hi,

I had totally missed out on this picture from the new DooM, thought I share it...

I really love the Revenant design! The Cyberdemon(?) in the back lacks personality in my opinion, looks like a big rock.

Anyone found more pictures?

Found another one, sorry for spamming I'm just so exited about the new DooM game! :D

The Cyberdemon looks way better on this one. Maybe it was the angle on the other picture that made him look like a rock.

Is it me, or does the centre part of the Reverant's chest armour look like a sly nod at being the UAC symbol, branding but not branding so to speak.
If this is the case, it raises the question of whether the Reverant was created by the demons, using stolen UAC tech, or the UAC, trying to create new bio weapons MADE them themselves, but they turned on them instead, because even if your dead abd then brought back to life, your still 100% raging, hating demon looking for some meat to flay.

Amiright?

FreddBoy said:

Is it me, or does the centre part of the Reverant's chest armour look like a sly nod at being the UAC symbol, branding but not branding so to speak.
If this is the case, it raises the question of whether the Reverant was created by the demons, using stolen UAC tech, or the UAC, trying to create new bio weapons MADE them themselves, but they turned on them instead, because even if your dead abd then brought back to life, your still 100% raging, hating demon looking for some meat to flay.

Amiright?

I noticed that too, will be interesting to see if DooM will have a story, not usually id Softwares strongest department. As I understand this is a reboot right?

still too much rock on that damn Cybi, they should put in metal instead, it will look more badass

@Flesh420, your image is too small

I was looking at that Baron again, and I'm seeing three heads instead of horns, with the left most head being a skull, while the missile one is more Goat like, with an indiscernible third head.

I've already mentioned this but: The cyberdemon looks great with his mouth closed. They gotta do something about how cuddly he ends up looking when he opens it and roars.

Haha, I've been complaining about the cyberdemon looking like a generic rock monster myself.

Any hopes anyone at id is readying this? :D. Can we get the lean muscular weird looking alien goat demon with wires sticking out everywhere?

When 10 year old me saw this, I was scared shitless:

Seeing a generic rock monster from LOTR or warcraft is just meh....

Not from the game, it's from the Bethesda E3 booth. A full size replica of Revenant...

@FreddBoy It's missing the "UAC symbol" :P

i really like that classic 80's and 90's horror movie look on the revenant, it looks like a doll of the type you would see in movies like the nightmare on elm street. And those dead rotten eyes ! Or that shot with the caco spreading itself open, nice.

The weird thing though, those caco remind me of the Overlord in the first 2D starcraft.

FireFish said:

i really like that classic 80's and 90's horror movie look on the revenant, it looks like a doll of the type you would see in movies like the nightmare on elm street. And those dead rotten eyes ! Or that shot with the caco spreading itself open, nice.

It would be pretty awesome if they made a Revenant statue for the collectors edition of DooM, I'd want that! :D

I was contemplating creating a new DOOM picture repository thread, but this will work just as well. Here's some images of a nice soft blue lab, and the BFG.

These are some of the pics from high quality E3 trailer. (from Gamersyde)

Pinky demon

Baron 1

Baron 2

Cyberdemon

I seem to be the only one who likes the Cyberdemon design here, but then again I do like the Diablo 3 art style. Also, can anyone foster a guess as to what are in those lab tubes? Some of the creatures or things look humanoid while others look almost insect-like. It may be a stretch, but could ticks or trites be coming back? On a personal note, I really like my sci-fi with some weird creatures in test tubes, so this looks to be right up my alley.

From now on, I'm going to post this picture whenever someone says the whole game is brown and yellow.

Piper Maru said:

baron of hell looks fucking scary, i like it a lot

but i'll reserve a better judgment with a closer look

DooM_RO said:

From now on, I'm going to post this picture whenever someone says the whole game is brown and yellow.

http://i.imgur.com/hNrNopk.jpg

Nice ! And then i thought the bright blue light, and the red lights in hell where interesting. They really seem to be focusing on using colored lights to set the mood.

I really don't trust some of these screenshots, especially not the one with the Revenant and Cyberdemon. It looks too... clean, perfect, cinematic. Not videogame-y enough. Kinda screams bullshots (look it up if you haven't heard of the term) to me. Of course I could be wrong, just, I did a screen cap of another shot with the Revenant because I'm a massive nerd and noticed that the Revvie looks like it has a few less polygons there and different lighting.

Maybe I'm overanalyzing and I hope I'm (mostly) wrong, just trying to address that I'm a skeptic by heart and don't wanna blindly trust trust game publishers with anything and prepare everyone for possible disappointment even though this is my most hyped game of 2015-2016 and I want it really, really badly. ;w;

I think it looks about the same. If you look at the slightly "low poly" silhouette of the shoulder bar things in the first image of the thread you can still sort of see it.

And the revenant must be getting lit by something very bright from the side.

In your image you're seeing it much closer and not being list with specular highlights so a few of the low poly details are more noticeable on the wires and the shoulder bar things. The reflections on the metallic parts still look incredible, although a bit odd since the skin is more dully lit.

Literally every design rocks save for the cyberdemon. I'm trying earnestly to like it, but I think its lack of fleshy-ness is what's getting to me. That, and the general head design. I guess it needs to be more demonic. The new imps looked kind of generic at first, but I really like them now. The former humans look better now than ever.

kelliegator said:

I really don't trust some of these screenshots, especially not the one with the Revenant and Cyberdemon. It looks too... clean, perfect, cinematic. Not videogame-y enough. Kinda screams bullshots (look it up if you haven't heard of the term) to me. Of course I could be wrong, just, I did a screen cap of another shot with the Revenant because I'm a massive nerd and noticed that the Revvie looks like it has a few less polygons there and different lighting.

http://i.imgur.com/tdrbAp2.png

Maybe I'm overanalyzing and I hope I'm (mostly) wrong, just trying to address that I'm a skeptic by heart and don't wanna blindly trust trust game publishers with anything and prepare everyone for possible disappointment even though this is my most hyped game of 2015-2016 and I want it really, really badly. ;w;

Keep in mind YouTube compresses the SHIT out of videos when they're uploaded. Screenshots are higher quality.

The 1st Gamer said:

I seem to be the only one who likes the Cyberdemon design here, but then again I do like the Diablo 3 art style. Also, can anyone foster a guess as to what are in those lab tubes? Some of the creatures or things look humanoid while others look almost insect-like. It may be a stretch, but could ticks or trites be coming back? On a personal note, I really like my sci-fi with some weird creatures in test tubes, so this looks to be right up my alley.

Maybe they are research projects with nothing to do with hell, and then the hellspawn stole all the stuff for making new creatures.

FreddBoy said:

Amiright?

I can only see that the demons are using UAC's advance tech to turn a dead marine Into a horrible abomination, thus the Revenant Is born. Though, I think sticking with the fact that the demons used the UAC tech to turn a demon Into a war machine would fit better since DOOM Is just crazy sometimes.