Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Memfis

nazi camp (and other 1 hour speedmaps)

I was participating in a 1 hour speedmapping event and the theme was "nazi camp" so I made a nazi camp for -complevel 9. I made a mistake so the white switch doesn't animate or make a sound but it still works.

Good map, I exited with 8 points of health which was pretty cool. I don't understand where's the campfire.

Lost Soul killed me near the end. Anyway, the map was fun, I liked it. File size is burdened with too many unused resources, though.

Nice map, the encouter after the teleport is pretty tough. Cool music.

I'll start removing unused resources from my wads when they make a button for that in GZDoom Builder.

Memfis said:

I'll start removing unused resources from my wads when they make a button for that in GZDoom Builder.

How about you start putting in effort into your maps by removing those unused resource yourself manually via SLADE? Tell me you aren't THIS dumb to not use slade or even the ancient bugfest that is XWE and manually remove some lumps. If you can't use SLADE, try XWE at least, it is buggy but it should do the job.

alterworldruler said:

How about you start putting in effort into your maps by removing those unused resource yourself manually via SLADE? Tell me you aren't THIS dumb to not use slade or even the ancient bugfest that is XWE and manually remove some lumps. If you can't use SLADE, try XWE at least, it is buggy but it should do the job.

Dude, chill out. I think you ought to be able to make your point without being antagonistic.

I just want mapping to be fun, not work... I get bored in the editor super easily so I'm trying to avoid the boring parts. People can delete the wad after playing, it's nothing special anyway.

The map was pretty cool. I exited the level with only 1% health. I don't see how this has anything to do with nazi's other than the few SS enemies and the hitler portrait.

Can it be a general rule of thumb to not use shitty file hosting services that lock your download speeds to this unless you pay for it?

I'll get back to you when it eventually finishes.

EDIT: Fairly fun, challenging, short and sweet map. Can't say the music was fitting but it was nice. I got a gag out of stepping into a swastika at the end to exit (I'm immature) and died like twice, once because I was an idiot and twice because of a stupid revenant at the end. I exited with about half health.

Memfis said:

Did you see the ovens at the start and a pit with corpses? That's nazi stuff too.

I couldn't really tell what that was. Plus I was kinda focused on the enemies in front of me.

Today I participated in another 1 hour speedmapping event, the theme was totally free this time so I made some TblKBA for -complevel 2.

I know it's hard work to remove textures man, but really? I counted around 800 textures in this thing and you used about 5 or 6 of them. Now that just sucks. The map itself is pretty good, but it's not worth 10 unpacked megabytes.

Well, I like presenting my works in a shitty way since I dislike them. No proper description, no screenshots, bloated file size: that's what these maps deserve. Imo presenting art works properly is an art in itself and I take it very seriously.

Or maybe these are just silly litle things made for fun so I don't care.

FDA (I'm not telling you how many times did I die, or if at all). I really liked the type and amount of difficulty here, and how the progression included varied things like traps, lift, jump down, dark areas, the start setpiece, and appropriately used monster types. Very well done, specially for a 1 hour speedmap.

Obsidian said:

I know it's hard work to remove textures man, but really? I counted around 800 textures in this thing and you used about 5 or 6 of them. Now that just sucks. The map itself is pretty good, but it's not worth 10 unpacked megabytes.

Oh no 10 megabytes how will your internet from 1995 handle it.

7hm said:

Oh no 10 megabytes how will your internet from 1995 handle it.

Don't be a smartass, that isn't the point.