Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
noshutdown

romero is at doomworld, what about carmack?

if there is any chance of an interview, i would like to know if he would ever go back to work at id, or back into developing game engines again. and i wonder if he missed the days working with his old friends.

Tales of visitors to id Software state he'd rarely if ever come out for a greet so I doubt he wastes a lot of time on internet forums and the like either. He was also notoriously difficult to get an email response from at times. You nearly had to piss him off to get a terse one-liner :P

Quasar said:

Tales of visitors to id Software state he'd rarely if ever come out for a greet so I doubt he wastes a lot of time on internet forums and the like either. He was also notoriously difficult to get an email response from at times. You nearly had to piss him off to get a terse one-liner :P

yay thats what i expected, but i wonder if there is a way to get an interview, after all he is still an important figure in the game industry.

Speaking of the original team, what's Tom Hall up to these days? Even if he had disagreements with the team on what Doom should be, I think he deserves some credit.

MetroidJunkie said:

Speaking of the original team, what's Tom Hall up to these days? Even if he had disagreements with the team on what Doom should be, I think he deserves some credit.

Didn't he make an anniversay looking back video with Romero?

noshutdown said:

yay thats what i expected, but i wonder if there is a way to get an interview, after all he is still an important figure in the game industry.

Carmack doesn't really like interviews either. His work ethic is legendary and he is very reluctant to do anything except coding, unless something has changed.

Scuba Steve said:

Any word if Quakecon sent out an invite for him to speak this year?

I'm pretty sure that's dead forever. Especially while ZeniMax is trying to sue Oculus out of business.

fraggle said:

Not a [former-]id employee, but Notch is here too.

Haha no kidding... weird. A 3D engine coded in Java? He'll never get anywhere with that.

Linguica said:

Haha no kidding... weird. A 3D engine coded in Java? He'll never get anywhere with that.

Where's my +1 button!

I think he recently revisited something like this http://notch.net/2014/09/doom/

And he and Romero have been trying about the idea of working together on something...