Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
geekmarine

James Horner has died

Holy crap, this was unexpected. Apparently James Horner, musical composer for such films as "Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan" and "The Land Before Time" has died in a plane crash. I just... wow... didn't expect the news to hit me so hard. But then, I guess I never realized how much his music had an impact on my childhood.

Oh man he was one of my favorite composers, he has so much great stuff Star Trek, Aliens, Glory, The Rocketeer, Apollo 13, Titanic, Avatar. Heritage of the Wolf from Balto is one of my all time favorite pieces of movie music. He is most certainly one of the best & I sure will miss him & his music.

Damn. His work on Aliens is STILL used in movie trailers, and his Apollo 13 score is amazing. Very sad to hear this.

joe-ilya said:

I'm afraid of planes now.

Always about YOU isn't it.

Very sad news...a lot of inspirational music came out of him :(

Jesus, they're dropping like flies around us ...

RIP, some of the most influential music in my life came from him. A genius and a huge loss to the film industry.

joe-ilya said:

I'm afraid of planes now.

I am afraid of death in general.

Why is it that everybody loses their shit about the thought of dying in a accident when they already know they will at some point drop dead anyway?

For every time a plane can kill you, there are many times where it won't. Shitty way to go anyway for a talented individual, RIP.

I didn't know him much, but his works must have been excellent seeing how he was known for composing the soundtracks from films such as Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan, Aliens and Titanic. My condolences go to his friends and family.

This is a great tragedy indeed. Not everyone is as lucky as Han Solo.

However I have to say I've never truly liked his style. I find his scores dull and uninspired.

I truly cant care about people i never knew in a way it would affect me, but the movies mentioned in this thread have really good background music. The movie industry loses yet another one... R.I.P.