Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
pcorf

Pcorf Community Project 2 (Finished)

franckFRAG said:

Ok Sir!

Map size : 2048x2072 (excepted voodoo dolls sectors)

Level name : Meta Exe
Level theme : Base/Teck
Music : SytheX map07
Textures : Doom2 stock only (excepted "METAL_C" flat, include in the wad

More informations in the txt.

/!\ The wad use one flat texture "METAL_C" not included in the pccp2tex.wad

DL => http://www.mediafire.com/download/0d8cc9u11jd3vdp/franckfrag_meta-exe_pc-cp2_final1.zip

Thanks for this excellent map!

Added to the list.

Great map franckFRAG - Very clever use of space and shootable switches. This one took me 8 minutes and I really enjoyed it, very fun map with a perfect balance of health and ammo.

I got stuck in the Blue Armor secret - After crushing the player at all angles into the gap I did squeeze back through, but there doesn't seem to be a pixel of wiggle room. IF you could expand that by just a few miniscule units it would remove the (very tiny, basically nothing) issue altogether :)

I really liked it!

GregLafitte said:

Hey save me a spot I will make a map for this.

Feel free anytime and as I said many times. No need to rush.

Doomkid said:

Great map franckFRAG - Very clever use of space and shootable switches. This one took me 8 minutes and I really enjoyed it, very fun map with a perfect balance of health and ammo.

I got stuck in the Blue Armor secret - After crushing the player at all angles into the gap I did squeeze back through, but there doesn't seem to be a pixel of wiggle room. IF you could expand that by just a few miniscule units it would remove the (very tiny, basically nothing) issue altogether :)

I really liked it!

Same here. Brilliant map!

Ok I will try to change the size sorry about that. How exactly do you see the measurements of the map? I use doom builder 2

GregLafitte said:

Fixed the size I had to change some things to make up for the cramped space, Also I remembered to add a text with it.

https://www.mediafire.com/?2won8f97za4efqn

Once Nice makes sense.

Had a look at this map and it needs a serious tune up. Will accept it anyway.

Doomkid said:

I really liked it!

pcorf said:

Same here. Brilliant map!

Hey thanks!!

Yeah I seen this bug before to send my map... I forgotten to fix that x)
Btw, I forgotten too to add DM Start, is it necessary to add them?

Thanks for the feedback pcorf I will try to tune it up when I finally get more time off from work. Btw will every map that gets excepted be in the final release? Just wondered if the quality determines that or not.

GregLafitte said:

Thanks for the feedback pcorf I will try to tune it up when I finally get more time off from work. Btw will every map that gets excepted be in the final release? Just wondered if the quality determines that or not.

Not every map gets accepted into the 32 level episode. But there is an extra episode from MAP33 onwards. It is a hard map to tune up, good luck. I say just leave it.

I made a map, a tech base level named The LiftIsolated Outpost. It's a Doom 2 Limit Removing (-complevel 2) map designed for single player and co-op (with difficulty setting), but not for deathmatch. Its size is 2048x2048.

It requires the PCCP2TEX.WAD to run correctly.

Download link : http://www.mediafire.com/download/znh0okbgkg9f6sb/PCorfCP_Malrionn_TheLift.zip
Download link : http://www.mediafire.com/download/ru6slrl1mh5lysb/PCorfCP_Malrionn_IsolatedOutpost.zip

@Malrionn: Here is my FDA. Simplistic but inoffensive gameplay, good visuals, shootable secret doors were OK with me. There were a few things that bugged me, though: Infinitely tall demons blocking me below the lift behind yellow door. Horrendously bumpy stairs in the exit area (the floor detailing is causing the bumpi-ness). Barons in the end being too tedious to fight, not challenging, unfun, better should be replaced. Combat didn't feature enough verticality, or challenge, or excitement, it was just a shooting gallery at its finest. Lastly, the map was disappointing for its name, I've expected that the lift would serve as a central gameplay mechanic - maybe just rename the map.

I have done some gameplay tweaks on my map, taking account as much as I can of the critics. And I change the map name to Isolated Outpost.

The download link is at my previous post above.

Malrionn said:

I made a map, a tech base level named The LiftIsolated Outpost. It's a Doom 2 Limit Removing (-complevel 2) map designed for single player and co-op (with difficulty setting), but not for deathmatch. Its size is 2048x2048.

Cool little map with simplistic yet pleasing visuals and not hard but fast-paced gameplay. The only thing I don't get why there's an entirely skippable room.
Makes me wish I did not turn my maps into some incomprehensible mess.

xnv said:

Cool little map with simplistic yet pleasing visuals and not hard but fast-paced gameplay. The only thing I don't get why there's an entirely skippable room.
Makes me wish I did not turn my maps into some incomprehensible mess.

Not a bad map. A bit squarish and puzzling. Architecture simple and good. Good music from TNT MAP01.

I'll make another map myself for this when Space Wars is complete.

Is it still too late to submit a map for this project?

Baphomet_15 said:

Is it still too late to submit a map for this project?

Go ahead and don't rush with your map. November 1 is the deadline.

Hey it's been awhile. thought I'd update one of my maps. Same gameplay, much more detailed.

regarding my other map (solstice.wad), I've been thinking about redoing it too. reason for that is I tried to use intentional use of ghost monsters in it, but it backfired upon testing in certain ports. the GM's work in PRBoom with the proper flags, but not in ZDoom. so should I change that map as well?

I dont know if this happened to anyone else but after the server change when I go on this thread it says 29 maps received instead of 32.

molten_ said:

hey pcorf just to confirm, did you get my updated version of city escape?

Sure did. The original file has been deleted and the new one replaced it. I have just been really busy with many things in life.

GregLafitte said:

I dont know if this happened to anyone else but after the server change when I go on this thread it says 29 maps received instead of 32.

I don't know what happened there. Maybe when DW was moved to another server an older version of this thread was saved. But I fixed it.

After the November 1 deadline the maps will be arranged into a beta megawad.

joe-ilya said:

Hey men, incase of you not checking Gmail but still being active, I'm going to post this new level in the thread too.
Name : "Lost and found and lost again"
http://i.imgur.com/g3fHr90.png
Download : https://www.mediafire.com/?ci4uxp4zurzthdg

Not a bad map by the map making machine Joe-ilya, one of your better efforts to date. The music does not suit the map and I will be replacing it maybe with D_DEAD from Doom 2 (MAP10). No guarantee it makes the final episode.

Map is roughly 4x 1024 blocks or 2x 1024x2048 vertical blocks.

..[]
[][]
[]..

I guess just mark mine as done I hardly have free time to work more on it and you said I should just leave it anyways.

pcorf said:

Not a bad map by the map making machine Joe-ilya, one of your better efforts to date. The music does not suit the map and I will be replacing it maybe with D_DEAD from Doom 2 (MAP10). No guarantee it makes the final episode.

Map is roughly 4x 1024 blocks or 2x 1024x2048 vertical blocks.

..[]
[][]
[]..

Any shape of the classic tetris is accepted basically, so that's what I did.

Is this MIDI better? : http://midimelody.ru/midi.php?str=%2Fm%2FMetallica%2FMetallica%20-%20Fuel.mid