Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NiTROACTiVE

2 Dead and Nearly 500 Injured in Formosa Fun Coast Explosion

Just yesterday on 6/27/2015, an dust explosion at the waterpark Formosa Fun Coast in the Bali District of New Taipei, Taiwan burned nearly 500 people that were having fun dancing to music. No one had died, but many of the people received burns all over their bodies.

Read this for more information (video contains NSFW content):
http://edition.cnn.com/2015/06/28/asia/taiwan-water-park-explosion/

"fun" indeed huh? Jeez. This kinda reminds of that one bar fire started when a band decided to use big pyrotechnics inside. In like 20 minutes it killed over a hundred people I think.

StevieCybernetik said:

"fun" indeed huh? Jeez. This kinda reminds of that one bar fire started when a band decided to use big pyrotechnics inside. In like 20 minutes it killed over a hundred people I think.

Are you referring to this incident?

NiTROACTiVE said:

Are you referring to this incident?

Holy Christ that is awful, but no I wasn't referring to that incident. I was referring to the Great White fire. There was a bar that they played at and lit off some pyrotechnics which then caught some ceiling insulation on fire. Because of fuckhead bouncers, the doors were too crowded for people to adequately get out in time and ended up becoming trapped inside the building. If you know anything about building materials like insulation you'll know that its the WORST thing to catch on fire because it just burns and burns and burns which not only adds more fuel to the flames, but also makes it spread fucking everywhere. Within five minutes the building was completely engulfed and there still about 80-90 people inside when fire crews started showing up.

Shit like this terrifies the hell out of me because my fiance is a concert photographer and because of my job I can't always get to go along to the shows she gets to take pictures of. Ever since I saw the following video my greatest fear was this happening and I'm nowhere close to help. I'm warning people before they watch it, do so with discretion because this is REAL, and its beyond brutally gut wrenching:

I've seen the video for the Station Nightclub Fire, it's pretty horrifying. Ironically, the video only exists because a local news station was doing a video about night club fire safety. Here's a map of the place and how many victims they found where:

Basically everyone rushed to the main entrance and got stuck there, and died in a big pile. The door near the stage was apparently blocked off by bouncers because it was for band and staff only, even when the place was burning down (ironically, one of the band members of Great White also died in the fire). Also, the exits on the west side of the building were fairly hard to find, and no one was directing anyone there. So yeah...one hundreds deaths because nigh club owners are assholes looking to save a buck.

I was once in a nightclub eerily similar to this one. They're notorious for overbooking their shows, letting about 3-5x the capacity into the building, and the fire marshal has come in to shut them down in the middle of shows on numerous occasions. The people at that night club are also huge dicks about letting people in. I had to show them a second ID because my perfectly legal driver's license "didn't look quite right" to them. Someone I was with had to miss the show because his license had expired. There was also at least one occasion where a fairly popular band was playing, one of their band members stepped out for a smoke, the owners wouldn't let them back in because they didn't have an ID on them, and the band had to cancel their show. So apparently those assholes would rather become the next big disaster waiting to happen that get fined for accidentally selling alcohol to a minor.