Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Enderkevin13

Question About Copyrighted Music On IDgames

I Wanted To Use Some Music From An Anime For My Doom WAD, But My WAD Was Rejected Due To Copyright Reasons. Some Doom WADs I've Seen Used Copyrighted Music And Made It Onto IDgames.

Are They Using A Certain Format? Are They Allowed To Use The Music?

Maybe Converting From Ogg Vorbis To MIDI Would Work...

Memfis said:

Choose some better archive where admins don't care about copyright crap?

Is there a preferred Doom archive for people who just steal each others' shit? xd

Well if you use the OST from any sort of TV show or movie, or some band associated with a big record label (or even any band at all without their permission) that's not going to fly. Video game music for some reason is mostly exempt as I've hear everything from Sonic Adventure to PSX Doom in archive wads.

Might want to work on Not Capitalising Every Word Like This if you do intend to contact anyone about use of their material.

I should have specified better I suppose. Using an independent band or composer's work without their consent is just as bad. Though the nice thing is if you ask nicely enough they may just give the okay without you having to fork over the money for a commercial license.

Results may vary.

esselfortium said:

Is there a preferred Doom archive for people who just steal each others' shit? xd

Zandronum?

BaronOfStuff said:

Might want to work on Not Capitalising Every Word Like This if you do intend to contact anyone about use of their material.

Aspiring Headline Writer Enderkevin13 Reportedly "Shocked And Insulted" By Brash Retort

esselfortium said:

I Could Tell You, But Then I'd Have To Kill You. ;)

esselfortium said:

Aspiring Headline Writer Enderkevin13 Reportedly "Shocked And Insulted" By Brash Retort

What? XD

esselfortium said:

After Defeating The Big Mother Fucker Brain Thing On Map 30

I. Can't. Help. But. Read. TC's. Posts. As. Though. They're. Formatted. Like. This.

(It's like he's come down with an acute dose of radiation poisoning.)