• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
baja blast rd.

How Many Posts Per Page Do You Display?

How many?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. How many?

I was curious about this one, since most forums don't go past 100. The highest options seem a bit eccentric to me, especially if you regularly read picture- and video-heavy threads.

I was at 100 ppp, but I recently changed it to .

30, aka the default, because otherwise Googling stuff and being linked to page 3 or whatever of a DW thread doesn't work right.

Which actually makes me think maybe I should change the page numbering URL system to have the post offset instead of just an arbitrary page number...

Ditto, don't want to risk breaking the forums.

I misread the thread title as "How Many Posts Per Day Do You Display?", and had difficulty reconciling that with most of the poll options.

I did the same thing. Seemed like an odd question until I re-read it.

I've never changed the setting. I only ever change it on comment threads I'm unlikely to revisit on news sites. I have changed it in the past on forums that used really low numbers, but then people reference a page and either arithmetic or Google is needed to find a post.

100, but I agree with Ling, sometimes it fucks up Google results, and heavy threads (like the "Post your Doom Video") can lag sometimes, but otherwise it's OK.

15, so pages load a bit faster. I put it in early days, because my internet was shit.

Maybe I can amp it up a bit now...

We are officially out of things to talk about.

40oz said:

Only if you don't have enough personal problems to worry about.

500 sounds funny. Maybe useful if you want to save or print a memorable thread quickly.

I changed it to 500 a while ago so I could search a whole thread using ctrl f. I haven't changed it back yet, so I guess it's working ok. archi's 12 pic post is kind of a pain in the mayhem 1500 thread though, I should see if I can set pictures to autospoiler. The agitated skeletons thread is impossible to deal with though.

ArmouredBlood said:

I changed it to 500 a while ago so I could search a whole thread using ctrl f. I haven't changed it back yet, so I guess it's working ok. archi's 12 pic post is kind of a pain in the mayhem 1500 thread though, I should see if I can set pictures to autospoiler. The agitated skeletons thread is impossible to deal with though.

Well the skeleton thread is impossible to deal with at 30 too.

40oz said:

Don't worry, I still have a bunch of riveting topics prepared. Such as:

How do you mentally pronounce "Linguica" (linguicka, lingweeka, lin-gooey-ca)?
When you're surfing DW and sitting down, do you put most of your weight on your left buttcheek or right?
When was the last time you ate your poop?

In the event of a conversation Armageddon, we'll be amply prepared.

rdwpa said:

Don't worry, I still have a bunch of riveting topics prepared. Such as:

How do you mentally pronounce "Linguica" (linguicka, lingweeka, lin-gooey-ca)?
When you're surfing DW and sitting down, do you put most of your weight on your left buttcheek or right?
When was the last time you ate your poop?

- lin-gwee-ka
- fairly even on both sides
- erm...

50 is comfy most of the time. People almost never link to pages but directly to posts, so confused offsetting doesn't bother me much. Opening the What are you listening to right now thread, however... yeeesh.

150 after checking my options. I hate changing pages, I prefer scrolling down. Makes me wonder why I dont have it on 500..unless we didn't always have the option of 500 posts.

30 is a good balance between "having to change pages too often while browsing a thread" and "the page takes forever to load with my slow internet". I've got used to it on Doomworld. And sure, the fact that sometimes people refer to "page 3" of their threads makes it advantageous to keep the default number of posts per page.

What kinda crazy ass person uses 500? 30 is good enough especially when there are multiple large images which make you scroll down forever as it is.

Having the ability to show several hundred posts at once is frankly ridiculous. I'm not sure why that is even an option.