Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
gruntkiller4000

The Official 'Trying to Find a Specific WAD' Thread

I'm looking for a PWad that enables Multiplayer mode for Action DOOM 2 : Urban Brawl so i can play it co-operatively with some of my friends using Zandronum ?

This should be an easy one. An author put out a series of at least 2 or 3 ice-themed levels, for boom, before 99 or 2000. I think they might have been for doom 1. I can't find anything in the archive under obvious keywords.

The game works perfect Co-operatively,However the "Game over" Sprite blocks the view if you die (Good thing it doesn't restart the game and let's you move,hit & do anything else anyways) , i'll try to replace that sprite with an empty sprite and see if it'll work .
EDIT : It f.....ing worked !, I'll share this later once i make sure everything works as expected .

Are there any wads where there are several ways to reach the exit? I've always wanted to play a map where, if I just can't find the key, I can blow apart the door with a few dozen rockets.

Any chance anybody still has Doom Vercetti 1.1 or 1.0? The later versions weren't nearly as good (and were far more bloated and unwieldy), but I don't seem to have it anymore.

EDIT: And does anyone know the difference between the wad file versions of X-Mas Nightmare? The one I see available is xmasd2.wad, but the one I have (and hosted elsewhere due to its unavailability) is xmasdm2.wad, unless this is the actual wad name and the readme file on idgames has a typo.

I've looked for, but have never been able to locate a certain 32-level deathmatch megawad for Doom 2. I played it sometime in the mid 90s. Here is what I remember: Level 28 was a giant outdoor square level (kind of like Map07), but instead of a walled area in the middle, there was a giant deep circular lava pit in the middle, divided into four sections. What divided the lava pit into four sections was thin walkways in a cross (+) pattern. In the middle of the cross was a BFG.

I would also like to find a 6-level deathmatch wad for Doom 2, also released sometime in the mid 90s or earlier. Here's what I know: All 6 levels were dark, gloomy, indoor, almost gothic in a sense.

I've gone searching and posted here and various places before, I've been trying to find a wad I played a couple years ago.

I don't remember if it was doom or doom 2, but it was a set of maps that were very linear and consisted of a series of small square rooms with nice lighting, you would progress through the rooms killing lots of soldiers in the beginning. The only other thing I remember is the rocket sound was replaced with a high-pitched report (like a more brutal bottle-rocket).

I really need to play this again soon.

Looking for what I think is an old deathmatch wad that had H. R. Giger's baby art as the interpic, some gothic textures, and one of the levels had the mortal kombat movie theme - please and thank you.

Just wondering if anyone knows of any good SP or DM maps using the NMN Corporation texture set(s)

So far I've found exactly one but the graphics are terrific so I feel like there should have been more...

DeathMetalAccountant said:

Just wondering if anyone knows of any good SP or DM maps using the NMN Corporation texture set(s)

This sounds more like a general request than a specific request which this thread is for.

Maybe search /idgames for a keyword like nmncorp or similar?

Does anyone still have a download link to cutmanmike's dumb zdoom monsters(his is down)? Also there was a jokewad using them I can't find.

Edited by SuperCupcakeTactics

Does anybody know about a ZDOOM PWAD which has a lot of Quake-based items and weapons (including a blaster, a nailgun, a super shotgun which reloads way faster than the usual DOOM II super shotgun, and an Unmaker which acts like Hexen's Wraithverge)? I don't remember the name of it, but I remember playing it like 3 or 4 years ago. I asked about this in the ZDOOM forum, but so far, I've got no result yet.

SuperCupcakeTactics said:

Looking for what I think is an old deathmatch wad that had H. R. Giger's baby art as the interpic, some gothic textures, and one of the levels had the mortal kombat movie theme - please and thank you.

Well I think I found the map (or not, but it's the closest thing to it), it was map07 from FetalDM7. I do wonder where those other details come from though >.<

Still looking for this Hexen PWAD:
- I don't remember the title or author, unfortunately.
- It had four maps as I recall.
- It seemed more deathmatch oriented, but there were a bunch of monsters to kill in SP.
- Had recolored textures mostly in a black & red color scheme.
- I believe the Chaos Serpent was also recolored in a black & red scheme.
- Was not, AFAIK, released on idgames, only on the author's homepage (which I can't seem to find any more).
- Not sure if vanilla, but did not use any overtly ZDoom stuff that I recall.

Does anybody have a link for Twice Risen? Since it was never finished I don't think they uploaded it to idgames. The download links are of course dead.

There was a wad that was (I believe) released last year, I can barely remember about it. I think it was a mod that focused on great architecture and had like black and white marble textures n stuff. I think it was also based off real life buildings, an expensive house I think. It had a very fancy theme.

Edit: NEVERMIND I FOUND IT.
http://www.doomworld.com/vb/wads-mods/70880-b-s/