Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BGE

Post apocalyptic wads?

Thanks to the new Mad Max I'm in this mood to really play some dope football shoulder pad, torn leather jacket, broken sawed off shotgun action. Unfortunately there's not a lot of games that QUITE fit the mold I'm looking for.

So I'm looking for level sets that are all about ruins, abandoned cities, destroyed city scapes, dystopian deserts, and cool stuff like that.

ZDoom user Vostyok is working on this super cool looking TC called Ashes

http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=47573

But it's only one level at the moment. Luckily, the weapons can still be used in other wads. Can anyone recommend some appropriately themed levels?

Thread music:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EyfbqPkW2n8

So what you're saying is you want something that plays like a campy '80s movie? Because otherwise, literally almost every Doom wad ever made is post-apocalyptic and features abandoned/destroyed cities and military bases, or old ruins.

It's pretty cheesy, but you could always try the Dawn of the Dead conversion.

Well i'm going to release this demo next week which is pretty much what you described except it's not actually post apocalyptic, it's just a dystopic future with cyberpunk aesthethics

Hey I just played your buddy's demo, it's absolutely brilliant. Is he still working on it? If he's not, please convince him to continue lol

I'm guessing you mean post apocalyptic as in something like Rage where it's all deserty and stuff. Can't say I know of any I'm afraid. There is the aforementioned Dawn of the Dead conversion which is fantastic(ally cheesy) though.