Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Avoozl

Games which you like the UI in.

Any games in particular which you liked the UI in?

For me I would say Mass Effect 3, Deus Ex Human Revolution, Diablo 2 mostly when I first played it, The Witcher 2, Empire at War, and maybe Oblivion too.

What are 10 thread ideas that aren't annoying? I have to think of 10? Forget it.

Oblivion? The first mod everyone installs is one to replace the UI. It's probably a good design for an SD TV. It's certainly better than Skyrim's UI.

I'm not sure I've ever played an RPG where I was ever completely happy with the unmodded UI. There's always some detail about my inventory I think should be easier to access or more features I think the map should have.

Most FPS games seem to do a decent job. Maybe it's because they're so simple. Many strategy games have screens full of clutter and too many tabs. Even classic C&C was bad for that.

Aliotroph? said:

Oblivion? The first mod everyone installs is one to replace the UI. It's probably a good design for an SD TV. It's certainly better than Skyrim's UI.

Oblivion's UI was pretty much better than Morrowind's too at least I would think so, and especially with the journal system. Morrowind's UI has a restrictively small size for things such as icons and borders and cannot be expanded with mods, but hopefully Open Morrowind might fix this.

The first Deus Ex had cool menus. I love the way it all looks digital and like it's actually part of your augmented vision. HR had some cool stuff with the floating UI actually coming out of the object you're interacting with too and it makes me think if someone was on the other side they would be able to see it reversed in my glasses or in front of me.

It may be a little dated now, but I always found the UI in Tribes 2 to be superior to anything else I had seen at the time.

Regarding more recent games, I'm not really sure. FTL and Planetary Annihilation come to mind.

Mechwarrior Online and Elite: Dangerous win brownie points in terms of recent games. They do a good job with the use of Scaleform like UI.

edit: Project Cars' menus are pretty good, sans the fact I have to go through some weird process to change the color of my vehicle before starting the race.