Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Akse

Azuruish STAR thread (putting "speed" where it belongs)

I shall grant thee one's personal thread! Use it wisely young one!

Azuruish said:

==============================================
Scythe2 (2nd Release) D2All NM-Speed in 18:57
==============================================
From TXT:
It's the gift.

I wish i could say the same about your movie... well, at least it's not bad. Jerky at times. An ok c+ (3+) run. Although i did noticed some spots where you deliberately stood and wasted your time.

Azuruish said:

Some tricks were missed. Pity that RJ in map07 and glides in map24 and map29 were ignored.

You've also skipped switch-from-below trick in m18. M7 and m26 i get it but why m18 and m29? The rest of the glides are pretty slow. Again an ok run.

Oh... I have my own thread... Whatever. Maybe it's even better because i do D2ALL and UV-MAX often.

Akse said:

but why m18 and m29?

Oops :( Not noticed this. Baaaaaaaaaad. About map29:
From TXT:

MAP29 - {PH} Can't make glide in such way.

I really don't know how to make glide in such way because i can do glide if i can stuck in a gap and trying walk through. All glides i do in such method. Maybe complevel 6 or 7 helped me more with it. Not tested.
I made a few tests with glides and find out that i can do 'instant glide' using only slow-mo with 5% chance //with automap of course
i don't look forward to that chance even if it save 30 secs or more. Nerves and patience are more important than 30-60 secs.
Though AV jump in MAP29 was a real pain in ass too.
Different methods to make TAS video you know. You for example spent really much more time and make cool TAS with peppers, sweets and chicks XD.
In my TAS you will never see:
1) Glide in {positive X nearly wall, on right side} // I guess in 'HR' NM-speed which i will do - will be same problems.
2) Instant Glides (Minimum i spent 2-3 secs on glide in demo time - Maximum 4-8 secs)
3) Smoothless (I allow some jerky where really hard to survive with limited sensitive)
4) Super 'time' in first D2ALL (At least I'm trying make time lower as i can according to DSDA)
5) Optimization (Killing Arachnotron with two rockets and so on...)
6) No one jokes (Sometimes spinning around and sawing by chainsaw so funny)
I guess all this options are non attachable to Good TASer but hey, what's wrong? 2015 year and so many WADs and so few D2ALL on this.

Azuruish said:

i don't look forward to that chance even if it save 30 secs or more. Nerves and patience are more important than 30-60 secs.

what, 30-60 secs is a ton of time in a tas, worse stuff has been done to save 1 second

OK. Seems like we have different relations to TAS.
Anyway here must be my demos, not my justification about my unprofessionalism.
Maybe in this weekend maybe on next. Not long to wait i guess.

Azuruish said:

In my TAS you will never see:
1) Glide in {positive X nearly wall, on right side} // I guess in 'HR' NM-speed which i will do - will be same problems.
2) Instant Glides
3) Smoothness
4) Super 'time' in first D2ALL
5) Optimization (Killing Arachnotron with two rockets and so on...)
6) No one jokes (Sometimes spinning around and sawing by chainsaw so funny)

OMG. Most of them are requirements for a TAS.

Azuruish said:

OK. Seems like we have different relations to TAS.

That much has become evident, but you are totally missing the point as I, and several others, have tried to tell you repeatedly. You are using a tool specifically designed to produce playthroughs that are almost impossible for a human to do. This was not necessarily the case several years ago, but speedrunning has reached a point where you are using the same tools others are using and producing runs that could easily be improved and you are ignoring the advice you are getting. Even I can address the points on your numbered list:

1) Glides are now part of realtime runs, so being part of a TAS is virtually a necessity now.
2) Instant glides are much harder obviously, so I don't think anyone would mind if there's a second spent trying to set it up.
3) "Smoothness" is something different people have different views on, so ok.
4) This would be a valid point, as nobody's first TASs are necessarily going to be godlike, but your only defense for this is that it takes time, and as I already pointed out in the last thread, welcome to TAS.
5) Optimisation is what a TAS is designed for! Yes, it takes time to redo a section so that you can get 2 hit Arachnatron RL kills or 4 hit Baron RL kills, but that is what the "Tool" in TAS is for!
6) Fair enough

NM runs are very suited to TAS because many maps are difficult to survive. I mean, it's taken until 2015 for someone to produce a NM Speed for Plutonia such is the difficulty. Be more open minded and listen to the advice you are getting from experienced members here. As you saw with your Scythe 2 run, ClumsyDoomer was willing to help build a glide for you. Now, nobody is going to do all the work for you, but people here are willing to help. Your inexperience is shown by this comment:

Azuruish said:

No. Saving 30 seconds in a TAS is worth all the time in the world. I refer you to Alexander Nikulin's TAS of Hell Revealed where he says he spent 2 weeks on manipulating a double AV jump on Map 14 that skipped the whole map. The fastest non-TAS run of that map I can find is 1:21 by SAV88 on NM Speed. That is well over a minute saved on needing to run around what is quite a large map.

Now, not everyone is going to put that kind of time into every trick, but that is the kind of quality that your runs will be compared with. And if you just listened, you would realise that pumping out tons of runs is nice, but quality > quantity.

Spend more time producing a more quality run of whatever WAD you're going to do next.

Hey dew, Don't you believe that impossible beat MAP28 in Nightmare? Huh XD Hold on!
But I'll skip secret maps. I guess I'll get real pain in ass in MAP12,14,20,24,maybe 26 and map28 of course 0_0. But if i can finish Scythe2 in NM it means and SOD possible.
//
EDIT: I had played that wad on 'Brutal Doom' in 'Black metal' and only map28 and map30 couldn't beat because of quantity of monsters but MAP30 is my favorite.
So much methods to make fun there. For example use Addon 'DoomRPG_V3.1.wad' in ZDoom and such party and fireworks after.
In 'Brutal doom' there are horrible lagging but funny too.
//
So much remarks i guess nobody got here. Like you all guys not accept my... methods and relations to TAS but hopes like I'll change and take your advices. (AAAAAnnd become from lamer TAS to 'Elite'
Thanks for attention. I'm learning and improving my skill in every new run.
Comparing my first TAS on 'New Gothic' and that what i can do now - now really exist differences. Isn't?
I didn't even know how Radek Pecka made that trick in Doom2 MAP23. Now i know and must 'at least' rerun it and beat it in 1:30 or lower.
But when you say: 'Spend more time on demo', i don't know how and why.
Such person i am, If i'm spending on demo too much time (or something else), It will never released because i lost any interest in it. So pity accept it but it's true...

Azuruish said:

But when you say: 'Spend more time on demo', i don't know how and why.

How: Spend more time redoing sections until you've got them as perfect as you can possibly get them.
Why: So your demo is better and is more engaging to watch, why else?

When tasing anything is possible, the problem with sod map28 is that by that point it takes a minute for prboom to load, according to dew's text, and it would take even longer in a nm run.

How about that new tool where it uses some save points and apparently you don't have to wait a lot of time anymore?

Also, this talk about what TAS demos should be like is seriously getting old. The guy made it clear that he has his own views on the matter, just let him do what he wants. You have been heard already. I thought Doom Speed Demos was supposed to be a friendly place where all sorts of demos are welcome.

imo if he wants to keep making lame tases, they should at least be holefillers of previously undone stuff, that scythe2 demo for example just recycled episodic TAS tricks, mashed them together and added mediocrity, so it's pretty much completely worthless.

AD_79: how simple... Maybe do you know how not to lose interest in it while working on it so long? You said once that you haven't patience.
Ancalagon: When i did Holy Hell UV-Speed TAS map01-04 (exist only video on my channel) to finish MAP04 i waited 4~7 minutes. Whole song i could listened before i could continue that SH@t...

This is what i the most hate when I'm doing UV-NM speed on 'Slaughterfest' type wad because -skipsec there doesn't work anymore. Sunder and Newgothic are examples.

Memfis: Will try that stuff. Maybe it's even better and could make instant glide.

j4rio said:

for example just recycled episodic TAS tricks, mashed them together and added mediocrity

Khhhmmm.. Oh... I get it... For you as for MD922 no difference between skill 4 and 5.
Then if it 'mediocrity' why do you interested in it? Or i something mashed up again?

Ндяяямммм. Instead demos here whole book about... and about...

Azuruish said:

Khhhmmm.. Oh... I get it... For you as for MD922 no difference between skill 4 and 5.

There's no map in scythe2 where nightmare would effectively make that much of a difficulty difference for tas, maybe 25 at most. It might actually be easier with avs targeting player immediately and all the avjumps present throughout. So yeah, in scythe2 tas, I do not see a difference between skill 4 and 5.

j4rio said:

There's no map in scythe2 where nightmare would effectively make that much

I'm looking for some another reasons to make NM-speed you know. Just to show for example this madness with thousands projectiles. Nope? Not interesting?
Time 'where i lose 2-20 secs' is more important than hundred projectiles where i just trying to survive?
Yep! No difference in: aimed to you 2-6 revenant's rockets or 30-60. Uhu... +12 cyberockets + 300 imp's balls ++++++++.

//ok The first I'll try SOD NM-Speed on MAP28 today with 'death exit'.

"Trying to survive" is not in any way a notable factor with billions of segments at your disposal.

I highly suggest focusing on single levels if the case is that you get bored quick and are impatient. I made that same mistake, too. Thinking that a TAS wouldn't take long but in reality, they take a shit load of time to make something to the correct standards. The entertainment factor would also increase dramatically.

====================================
Speed of Doom MAP28 NM-Speed in 2:55
It's like i ripped out that demo from my future D2All.
Also i recommend to you read TXT before playback. There are some advices for comfortable watching.

sodmap28nm.zip

Azuruish said:

Maybe do you know how not to lose interest in it while working on it so long?

When you really like something there's no such thing as losing interest. But if you're that windy you can always put your current run in the long box and come back to it when feels like it.

Azuruish said:

Just to show for example this madness with thousands projectiles. Nope? Not interesting?

Nope. Players can see it by simply playing it.

Azuruish said:

Time 'where i lose 2-20 secs' is more important than hundred projectiles where i just trying to survive?

Yes.

Azuruish said:

aimed to you 2-6 revenant's rockets or 30-60. Uhu... +12 cyberockets + 300 imp's balls ++++++++.

Infights my friend, infights.

'Infights'? What about Scythe 2 MAP28? Does 'infights' will help there?
Will you say that no difference in that level between skill '4' and '5' too? I'm so stupid that i see difference between these UV and NM?
Then why so rare D2ALL NM-Speed on DSDA if 'No difference'?

Speed of Doom NM-speed: timing and comments
MAP01 - 00:28
MAP02 - 00:49 // got Rocket launcher
MAP03 - 00:44 // without Rocketlauncher 1:46
MAP04 - 00:42
MAP05 - 00:23 // on infights spent 4 secs
MAP06 - 00:45 // AV jump and got BFG9000 which so damn helped me on next levels.
MAP07 - 00:30 // Super Lucky i had here XD
MAP08 - 00:29 // Without AV jump. Saved health for next levels
MAP09 - 00:15
MAP10 - 00:55 // Don't know possible here Linedef skip in end or not because i couldn't find angle.
MAP11 - 00:19 // Super AV jump through whole map... AAa, i don't want lose all weapons
So... I can upload it now or through 2 days when it will be ready.
I'm going insane from such difficulty.

Speed of Doom D2ALL NM-Speed in 24:46
HSIURUZA EM LLIK TSUM UOY, SSENDAM SIHT DNE OT
Another hardcore stuff from me... Azu...
SO... dew.... Do i IMMMMMMMMMPPPPRRRRRREEEEEEESSSSSSEEEED YOOOUUU ? XD

sodd2allnm.zip

well... it looked very good especially in few maps.. can some other TAS expert tell about this quality and be the party-pooper? (im just kidding, but i cant really say wheter thats great or not)

Map01 in 28.06 :D That's obvious one. You missed shotgunner and got low 28 instead of 27. To me it shouts "I'm too lazy spend three (3) seconds of my life to save one (1) second" OR you are just joking/taunting.