Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sesalpinogamer

Doom builder 2 level desing?

Hello fellow doomers!I am currently working on a doom wad for a computer project in my school,and i have a few problems.I am gonna list them:
-How do i make a window-like thing?A simple hole in the wall the player can't jump past from.
-How do i make something like pillars that hold a ceiling on a sky area?Like a small step with a weapon and pillars holding a short ceiling.
-Everytime i make a "tripwire-staircase" the floor also rises.
-For some reason grass has a step has a really strange thing,nothing appears there and texturing won't help.
-How do i make a maze?I tried to make a maze by doing a big area and using segments to make double-sided,impassable walls,but even after a enforced texturing process,it doesn't work!Some sides show no texture while others do,i dindn't try backward texturing,tough.
-How do i adjust wall sizes?When i create a step,the wall just kinda,well,blocks me and has it's texture,did not try anything,tough.
-How the hell i keep my doors not glitched out?I made a normal height room and the door was fine,then,i created a big one and the door streched out throught the entire segment!(Delimited by the vertices).I want to make the door,y'know,normal,i know that the 128 measuring is the best one in that and works fine after i adjust textures,but on big rooms,again,it streches out,did not try anything,tough.

For any kind of wall you want to make a geometrical shape rather than a line, for example a rectangle. You go into sector mode, you delete that rectangle and you have your wall (formed of empty space just like the void surrounding your map).

Do it like this (successive steps from left to right):

The resulting room looks like this in 3D mode:

At this point you can texture it and you have your wall, that you can adjust in size and shape by moving and adding vertices.

Your understanding is correct. You draw the second sector inside the first one, then you switch to sector mode (S hotkey by default), click on the inner sector, and delete it (del hotkey by default).

Draw a sector, lower the ceiling and raise the floor to the desired heights. In your default 128 pixels high room, you could put the floor of your window sector at 32 pixels and the ceiling at 64 pixels.

Phml said:

You draw the second sector inside the first one, then you switch to sector mode (S hotkey by default), click on the inner sector, and delete it (del hotkey by default).

In DB2 you could draw a void by holding the Ctrl key while drawing... too bad that feature seems to be gone in GZDB.

boris said:

In DB2 you could draw a void by holding the Ctrl key while drawing... too bad that feature seems to be gone in GZDB.

Huh. You learn something new every day.