Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
printz

Are there any custom Doom 3 levels with Pain Elementals, Spectres and Barons of Hell?

Has anyone made a Doom 3 level with any of these old-timer Doom 2 monsters in it? If you browse through the Doom 3 mod resources, you'll find such monsters for download.

I'd really love especially to encounter Doom 3 pain elementals which really spawn forgotten souls. It's actually not hard to implement by editing the monster scripts, but the released resource doesn't really spawn forgotten, just homing projectiles…

I also wish such mods would use RoE's Forgotten Ones instead of Doom 3's Lost Souls.

Yeah I also have a separate version of the lost souls in my mod called dead souls which look like the original lost souls from DOOM 1 & 2. Skulls and horns and all. My pain elementals spit those out instead of the standard lost souls. Forgot to mention that. And sometimes when u kill a lost soul a dead soul will burst out of it. Scary stuff.

printz said:

Has anyone made a Doom 3 level with any of these old-timer Doom 2 monsters in it? If you browse through the Doom 3 mod resources, you'll find such monsters for download.

I'd really love especially to encounter Doom 3 pain elementals which really spawn forgotten souls. It's actually not hard to implement by editing the monster scripts, but the released resource doesn't really spawn forgotten, just homing projectiles…

We have a fully functioning Pain Elemental in Doom 3: Phobos that does exactly that. Totally new model as well, not made from the Cacodemon or anything. We also have a Spectre that continuously fades in and out of view.

I debated posting this since I don't think we've ever publicly disclosed it, but I don't think it really matters.