Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Coolkids

Whats your opinion on the game: Bio F.R.E.A.K.S?

Just got this gem at a garage sale for 4 cents. Yeah, four cents. Smacked it in my N64 and played a little of it. Its moderatly fun, but feels really clunky at some points. and there is a machine gun attack that can be deployed by just pressing A. I found it to be pretty fun, but nothing I will return to in a while.

I've never heard of it before. Looking on Mobygames, it doesn't look like something I'd be interested in. It's a moot point because my brother has our N64 at his place anyway. Did that garage sale have a bunch of games you could buy? It's fun looking through piles of people's old stuff to find interesting things.

There was nothing else. They thought the game was a toy, so I decided "Hey, why not add this to my collection?"

It's awesome when those old cartridges still work. Sometimes they don't. I'm pretty sure magnets are to blame for breaking a couple of my Gameboy ones. Either that or some of the bits just decayed causing the game to barely even turn on anymore.

My friend and I grew up playing this quite a bit. It's probably the loosest fighting game I've ever played. Movement is a lot freer, with self-refueling jetpacks; zoning moves (i.e. projectiles) can be triggered with a single button, thusly equalizing players of different skill levels; and, dismemberment doesn't spell the end of the bout! So you can lose your gun-arm, but still keep fighting - you just have to use different moves.

It was probably the closest thing to Super Smash Bros. freeform combat back then.

Yeah, I liked it a lot. Funny, I was just talking about this game at a house party last week. :)

I always wanted to give this game a shot. I'm a sucker for fighters made in the gorefest/MK klone era, regardless of quality.

It kinda gives me vibes of MACE: The Dark Age, but that's apparently a common thought.

Super Flip said:

I always wanted to give this game a shot. I'm a sucker for fighters made in the gorefest/MK klone era, regardless of quality.

It kinda gives me vibes of MACE: The Dark Age, but that's apparently a common thought.

I have recently seen a copy of Bio F.R.E.A.K.S for the PSX at a game store. maybe if you become a bud, I will buy that copy and send it to you.

Clonehunter said:

I thought I was making opinion threads

I still want to read more of them, where are they ;__;

I actually bought it last week for $5, but only because I knocked it off the shelf front of the shop owner and didn't want to look like a douche. I don't like fighters and it played like ass, albeit I gave it the respect of trying to play it for two hours. At least it's nice to own a neat piece of history, when Midway was going through that phase of making a bunch of those Not-MK fighters.

I wish it was Mace: The Dark Age that I knocked off the shelf instead.

I heard about Bio Freaks and instantly liked the 1990s apocalyptic cyborgs and mutants theme it has. A little bit like Quake, or something like an earlier Quake 3 Arena...