Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tsar

Idea 4 New E1M1?

It's an aight cover. Seems to be a mild industrial/electronica element to it. Guitar tone is a touch weak.

I thought this thread was about the new start level...

For me covers of the old Doom midis would be way too much self-referencing nostalgia.

Tetzlaff said:

For me covers of the old Doom midis would be way too much self-referencing nostalgia.

Word.

Tetzlaff said:

I thought this thread was about the new start level...

Covers of the original Doom music would just be the real life songs they were based on.

I never really felt like any covers of E1M1 were good at replicating that 80's thrash metal sound, which is why I still play Doom with that classic SC-55 sound.

This cover was kind of close, though, I like it.
https://youtu.be/Sg37lkE5cuw?list=FLFNboIOo6492yHMdo_2JtSw

But in the end all I hope is that we'll get a faster version of the song than the trailers showed. Doom is fast, make the music fast!

kelliegator said:

I never really felt like any covers of E1M1 were good at replicating that 80's thrash metal sound, which is why I still play Doom with that classic SC-55 sound.

This cover was kind of close, though, I like it.
https://youtu.be/Sg37lkE5cuw?list=FLFNboIOo6492yHMdo_2JtSw

But in the end all I hope is that we'll get a faster version of the song than the trailers showed. Doom is fast, make the music fast!

That's nice. Andrew Hulshult made the best Metal cover for Brutal DooM, the whole soundtrack kicks ass.