Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Kontra Kommando

Issues with Hi-Res Textures [Issue resolved]

I'm experiencing an issue with using HD replacement textures

I have received KuriKai's permission to use these for an upcoming project. https://github.com/KuriKai/DHTP

Initially, everything worked just fine. I had simply copy and passed the "hires" folder right into the PK3 i'm using, and it worked concurrently in gzdoom with the custom map. Then all of a sudden, only certain textures worked on the custom map. Though the custom hires textures work fine when not playing with the custom map i've create; this is a problem for me.

Do you load any other texture resource with your custom map? It might be overriding some hires patches/textures of conflicting names, particularly if it's placed after DHTP in the list of resources (or if the textures are placed / defined within the custom wad itself).

scifista42 said:

Do you load any other texture resource with your custom map? It might be overriding some hires patches/textures of conflicting names, particularly if it's placed after DHTP in the list of resources (or if the textures are placed / defined within the custom wad itself).

Nope the custom map only uses vanilla doom 2 textures with one custom textures I made for ladder bars; it's name doesn't conflict. I'm puzzled because everything worked fine originally. This issue actually happened randomly before, but restarting gzdoom would resolve it. Now it happens 100% of the time.

Post a screenshot of your DB2/GZDB "Map Options" window, when opening the map or in "Edit -> Map Options" when it's already open. And also post your pk3, feel free to exclude the map itself and entries that are 100%-unrelated-to-graphics if you don't want to share them now, but otherwise keep it intact.

scifista42 said:

Post a screenshot of your DB2/GZDB "Map Options" window, when opening the map or in "Edit -> Map Options" when it's already open. And also post your pk3, feel free to exclude the map itself and entries that are 100%-unrelated-to-graphics if you don't want to share them now, but otherwise keep it intact.

Certainly, I'll do it much later in the day when I get home from work.

Issue resolved.

I had move both of the files to a zip file, and extracted it into a new folder. This apparently fixed the issue somehow. Maybe because I moved it to a less populated folder? There were a ton of back up files; does that make some kind of difference? Because now everything is running totally fine, consistently again.

Backups shouldn't affect anything, but the cause might have been in your .dbs config, and when you've created a new one in the new folder, it was fixed. It sounds probable if you've only had the problem when testing directly from Doom Builder - was it the case?

Or maybe you had been autoloading another file from the folder without realizing it, somehow? Also keep in mind that loading order matters.