Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
illYay1337

Who knows the band The Knife?

I was reading about The Knife on Wikipedia recently.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sl2tWhF8b-k

"In a 2006 interview with Pitchfork Media, The Knife cited ... Doom as inspirations for their work."

The original article: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Knife

I saw them mention DooM as an inspiration and was like OH HELL YEAH!!! Pretty cool I guess. Their music seems strangely darkish and strange in a way and I can sortof see how one of the influences could possibly be DooM.

it might just be me, but i can't stand the singer's voice personally. it just irks me. i do have a Fever Ray CD, and while the music isn't bad, the singer kind of drags down the album for me.

Judging from that Röyksopp video, she's got a weird childlike drawl to her voice. It makes what would have been a really unsettling song slightly comical.

I'm listening to the Deep Cuts album and the music is better without the vocals. They're jarring. The Heartbeats song has fitting lyrics. They look like a band that came along with the trip hop fad that quickly died.

The singer feels like the experienced music hobbiest. Good enough to be known, but not confident enough to be serious. Peaches and Lady Superstar come to mind, but at least those two are all about sex, so that makes for a shortcut.

Oh wait they're Swedish. Now their music makes sense. Carry on.

I feel like this isn't the first time I've seen a thread about the Knives.

Seen them live. I imagine in an alternate universe they would pack out stadiums and Lady Gaga would be relegated to smaller venues. It was a unique experience.

According to Urban Dictionary, the "knife party" genre is seizure music. I wonder if it applies to the Knife as well.

vtm said:

I knew about them because the singer worked with Röyksopp, she sings "What else is there?" which is very good.

I agree. "What Else Is There?" is a favourite of mine and I think her voice adds to the curious sound of the song as a whole.

Although, as far as that particular video is concerned:

"The uploader has not made this video available in your country."

Mind you, the video in the OP is also blocked in my country, this time on copyright grounds.